Project Manager of Institutional Accessibility
District Office at 6301 S. Halsted
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) , the largest community college
system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite
sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a
quality, affordable education.
Reporting to the Associate Vice Chancellor-Advising & Student
Success, the Project Manager - Institutional Accessibility works
with key stakeholders to support the development of CCC’s
district-wide Accessibility Plan to help identify, assess and
recommend improvements to policies, practices and district-wide
infrastructures that are inequitable and prohibit accessibility for
some members of the community.
The Project Manager – Institutional Accessibility develops and
implements strategies and work plans to help ensure institutional
compliance with the provisions of the American with Disabilities
Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. The position also
promotes disability awareness by providing professional development
and outreach to faculty and staff and works to identify and address
service gaps in the available network of academic support services
and resources for students with documented disabilities. Performs
related duties as required.
NOTE: Position is for 6 months, full -time basis
- Co-directs and manages Accessibility Plan development from idea
to recommendation for implementation.
- Facilitates plan scope, goals and deliverables that support
accessibility goals in collaboration with senior management and
- Attends subcommittee meetings and document progress toward
- Effectively communicates project expectations to committee
members and institution stakeholders in a timely and clear
- Identifies opportunities to improve the success of students
with disabilities through conducting student interviews and focus
- Maintains current knowledge and use research and best practices
in the area of serving individuals with disabilities to enhance the
deliverables of the plan.
- Co-leads monthly Accessibility Plan Committee meetings with the
District Director of Student Accessibility Services.
- Maintains the Accessibility Plan Committee Microsoft
Teams/SharePoint site, and any additional electronic files
necessary for planning process.
- Attends district-wide and community meetings on accessibility
related items to further understand and help to shape to the plan
- Submits requests to the Associate Vice Chancellor, Advising
& Student Success and/or leadership team for the acquisition of
required personnel from within the organization, as required.
- Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements
documentation and presentations to senior leaders on the status of
the Accessibility Plan.
- Coaches, mentors, motivates and supervises committee members,
and influence them to take positive action and accountability for
their committee task.
- Assists in the development and delivery of district-wide
trainings on accessibility and creating an inclusive culture for
peoples with disabilities.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience working with people with disabilities or
economically disadvantaged people in a variety of settings,
including higher education.
- Consideration will be given to candidates with an equivalent
combination of training and experience.
- Ability to work well with employees at all levels of the
organization, including internal and external customers.
- Ability to handle all situations with tact, persuasiveness, and
diplomacy. Must possess a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Thank
you for your interest in City College of Chicago!