DIRECTOR - WORKFORCE EQUITY INITIATIVE - GRANT FUNDED
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
The Director – Workforce Equity Initiative leads the successful
development, implementation and operation of the Workforce Equity
grant at City Colleges of Chicago. The Director - Workforce Equity
Initiative i s responsible for overseeing all components of this
grant, including but not limited to the case management,
procurement, outcome reporting, contract management and day-to-day
management of the program.
- Launches, operates and continuously manages the grant
activities and deliverables at City Colleges of Chicago to ensure
outcomes are met in grant. Creates and implements effective
performance metrics to measure the success of programs. Leads the
implementation and ongoing collection of data to manage
performance, understand the needs of the workforce and inform
future program design.
- Develops targeted outreach, marketing and recruitment plans to
attract participants for the grant. Plans and anticipates outreach
to recruit applicants.
- Manages and supports college staff to deliver on the program's
vision. Coordinates efforts across different areas of the college,
inside and outside of direct reporting lines, to deliver a unified
and comprehensive program.
- Oversees operations including participant recruitment,
budgeting, service delivery and curriculum delivery. Ensures the
high quality service delivery and tight integration of the
academic, wrap around services and mentoring components.
- Leads the continuous development and improvement of innovative
and practical solutions to address the needs of improving workforce
equity in at-risk communities in the realm of trainings, services,
technical assistance and job placement.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within
6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Education, or a
related field from an accredited college or university.
- Seven to ten years of senior management experience with a track
record of progressive responsibility, preferably in the private
sector or a community organization.
- Experience in project management, implementation, performance
metrics, and operations.
- Demonstrated experience and strong background in building teams
and working across departments to deliver on outcomes.
- Demonstrated excellent supervisory, administrative,
communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain relationships and strategic
partnerships with key stakeholders and a wide range of business,
industry, and community partners.