The University of Colorado Boulder's Alumni Association encourages
applications for an Online Engagement and Events Program Manager!
This position reports to the Associate Director of Events and
Outreach at the Alumni Association and is responsible for
supporting efforts to connect alumni to CU Boulder and to each
other. As a non-dues organization the CU Boulder Alumni Association
welcomes all students and alumni into the Forever Buffs family
which is 300,000 strong. Through events and engagement efforts the
Alumni Association is tasked with building lifelong relationships
with alumni, as well as inspiring pride and affinity for CU Boulder
to contribute to the overall advancement of the institution.
This position is specifically responsible for managing the online
alumni community for the university, the Forever Buffs Network.
This position will also be responsible for the planning and
execution for the Alumni Association’s academic, recognition and
campaign events, including CU Boulder Next. CU Boulder Next is the
largest outreach initiative for the Division of Advancement and is
designed to enhance the university’s reputation and demonstrate the
value of a CU Boulder degree by showcasing the achievements and
research at CU. This position will also support marketing and
communication efforts and data collection/analytics as needed to
support the programs.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Alumni Association was created to inspire all current and
future CU Boulder alumni to develop a lifelong relationship with
the university and one another. Our goal is to cultivate pride in
the university to increase the perceived value of a CU Boulder
degree and build an engaged Forever Buffs community. We are
committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and
inclusive, community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to
contributing to a socially just campus environment and providing
meaningful opportunities through the CU network to help Forever
Buffs advance their careers, connect with others and enrich their
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
The Events and Engagement Program Manager will be the lead platform
administrator and drive the implementation, growth and engagement
of the Forever Buffs Network. The Forever Buffs Network is a
campus-wide online community that provides valuable opportunities
for career transformation, professional development and mentorship
for alumni, students, parents, recruiters and faculty/staff. As the
platform administrator this role will be responsible for:
- Managing day-to-day network responsibilities including,
responding to comments/questions, approving users, answering FBN
emails, interacting with other users on the platform, posting
regularly and interacting with other’s posts by liking and/or
- Maintaining overall knowledge of the platform by serving as the
primary liaison with Graduway to troubleshoot platform problems,
help roll-out platform updates and train staff.
- Provide guidance on platform brand and ensure that graphics and
use of network tools (widgets, resources, jobs board, mentoring,
etc.) stays consistent, relevant and vibrant. Responsible for the
distribution of a bimonthly network digest newsletter.
- Managing relationships with cross campus partners which
includes collecting and distributing platform metrics, marketing
plans, and future platform feature rollouts.
- Assisting with high-level presentations and program roll-outs
within the platform and other duties to support the adoption and
build awareness of the Forever Buffs Network.
- Developing, managing, and scheduling created content to be
posted on the Network.
- Brainstorming solutions to help with returning users, exclusive
programming, etc. to create a flourishing professional
development/career community for students and alumni alike.
- Contributing to the growth and engagement strategic direction
and vision to ensure the platform becomes a central hub for the
Forever Buffs community.
- Additionally, this position will supervise program development
and growth in virtual spaces/online engagement and proactively
benchmark and share/implement findings of top online alumni
engagement resources (i.e. webinars, podcasts, online book clubs,
Academic, Alumni Recognition and Campaign Events
In an effort to build an engaged Forever Buffs community and deepen
relationships with our alumni, the program manager will be
responsible for planning and executing the Alumni Association’s
significant events that showcase the institution and the Forever
Buffs alumni community. Planned events currently include CU Boulder
Next and the annual Alumni Awards Ceremony.
Specific duties include:
- Managing all event logistics including:
- Procurement, materials acquisition and management, event
staffing, hotel and event space coordination, hospitality
preparation and coordination, travel coordination, speaker and
attendee support and coordination and pre-event preparations.
- Identifying and finalizing future event dates and venues for
- Managing all expenses and income to achieve budget.
- Managing vendor relationships and contract brokerage for each
- Specifically for the Alumni Awards, this position will support
the nominations and selection process and communications with award
winners to ensure a quality and celebratory experience for award
winners, their families and the campus community.
Marketing and Communications
- This position will work in Salesforce, CVENT and Marketing
Cloud and in coordination with the Advancement Marketing and
Communications team to support appropriate Tier 2 and Tier 3
marketing projects as needed. This includes the creation of
marketing plans and building of emails to market events to
identified target audiences. In this role, the program manager is
responsible for gathering copy and images and working within
existing processes to get communications out in a timely manner.
This will require a strong working relationship and coordination
with the Advancement Marketing team that manages the Alumni
Associations social channels and marketing of Tier 1 projects.
- Responsible for collecting, compiling and reporting metrics to
identify trends and measure engagement to advise programming
decisions for their events and online engagement activities.
- Supporting Alumni Association/Events & Outreach Team
- Supports the Associate Director of Events & Outreach, the
E&O team and the Alumni Association as needed. Champions
positive morale with colleagues and performs duties as
Supporting Alumni Association/Events & Outreach Team
What You Should Know
- Supports the Assistant Director of Events & Outreach, the
E&O team and the Alumni Association as needed. Fosters positive
morale with colleagues and performs duties as assigned.
What We Can Offer
- This position requires regular evening and weekend work.
- There is occasional travel both locally and out of state.
- This position may operate a University vehicle. A valid
driver's license is preferred.
- This position routinely helps in event set-up and break-down
and may be asked to lift up to 60 pounds.
The salary range is $43,000 - $50,500.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be engaged. Be talented. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
- 1 year of professional work experience in event planning,
marketing or online community management.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Outstanding organization, time management, and communication
- Professional and thorough approach to work.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Online and digital engagement experience.
- Event planning experience.
- Marketing communications experience.
- This position works regularly with staff across campus and the
university system to ensure initiatives are executed successfully
and professionally. In conjunction with all events, this position
is responsible for supervising all budgets, contract brokering,
vendor relationships and event execution.
- Proven relationship management expertise.
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer service
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Travel and evening/weekend work required.
- Ability to stay organized and manage multiple priorities at a
- CU Boulder graduate.
- Higher education/Alumni Association experience.
- Knowledge of SalesForce and Cvent.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by September 17, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: