Receptionist for Events Center Athletic Office (28hrs/10
This position is to act as the main receptionist for the Events
Center Athletic Office by providing general information and
assistance for all walk-ins, incoming phone calls and incoming mail
by performing the following duties. include the following. Other
duties may be assigned .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned .
1. Serve as receptionist for the Department with greeting visitors
to the office and providing information and materials.
2. Present a positive and supportive image of California Baptist
University; may include providing tours of the CBU Events
3. Provide secretarial and general administrative support by
preparing correspondence, reports, and memoranda.
4. Answer general questions regarding the Event Center Athletic
office and/or program.
5. Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and
6. Schedule appointments for Director/Dean/or division.
7. Assist Event Center Athletic Office in maintaining accurate
departmental records, files, and appropriate databases.
8. Assist Event Center Athletic Office in responding to inquiries
and appropriate documents.
9. Make copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
10. Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment
11. Process and distributes incoming mail for the Department.
12. Composes and types routine correspondence.
13. Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence
and other records.
14. Answers and screens Department’s telephone calls.
15. Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves
and prepares facilities, and records.
16. Organize, process, and submit invoices using the university
17. Assist with the management of Athletic Department budget
through record keeping, reporting, and communication with coaches
18. Organize and prepare student-athlete annual evaluations.
19. Assist Human Resources and student payroll by preparing,
organizing, and processing student worker packets.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving
direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
- A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic;
general office methods, procedures and practices.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties
of the position.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability
to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student
- Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
- Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); or one to
three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Christian Experience Essay