Adjunct instructors at Guilford Technical Community College are
responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum
learning environment, responding to student needs, managing
effective instructional activities, modeling employability skills,
demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work
relationships with other instructors and staff, supporting college
administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their
instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality
instruction and for effective participation and interest in the
total affairs of the college.
Under general supervision, this position will prepare and teach GED
courses in the Adult Education program. The instructor must be able
to instruct a wide variety of topics within the curriculum and will
be required to teach during the daytime hours. The instructor will
be responsible for student CASAS and/or TABE post-testing referrals
as needed. Assignment will involve preparing students for the HiSET
Equivalency exam, as well as for transition to post-secondary
education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary
- Master's degree in Adult Education or related field from a
regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Teaching and/or industry training experience.
- Fluent reading, spoken, and written English communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel and
- Teaching experience in Adult Education (Basic Skills) or in
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate
instructional delivery systems.