Cornell requires that all faculty and staff members,
regardless of their work location, disclose their vaccination
status, and provide proof of vaccination if vaccinated, immediately
Cornell Tech seeks a Brand and Digital Marketing Manager who
will use their creative instincts and strategic insights to help
our team tell compelling stories about the institution's innovative
new academic programs, research, and initiatives.
Cornell Tech is Cornell University's fast-growing business- and
technology-focused campus on Roosevelt Island. With
cross-disciplinary master's degrees in business, computer science,
engineering, law and technology, we aim to prepare students for
careers that are impactful and entrepreneurial, expand and
diversify New York City's tech ecosystem, and conduct deep and
varied technical research on topics like AI bias, cryptocurrencies,
cybersecurity and self-driving cars.
The successful candidate will...
- partner with the Director of Communications to think creatively
about ways to raise visibility for the campus, attracting the
attention of NYC thought leaders and inspiring students to apply to
the school's graduate programs.
- manage Cornell Tech's social media platforms, website and
branding, in close collaboration with the Director of
- steward the Cornell Tech and Jacobs Institute brands, ensuring
correct and proper usage of content, design and positioning
elements on marketing/communication media and materials.
- collaborate with multiple departments across campus,
spearheading projects with a wide range of campus partners and
- manage multiple vendor relationships, keeping freelance
writers, photographers, and videographers on task, on time and on
- support the Director of Communications' supervision of external
PR firms and digital/web agencies, helping manage a range of media
outreach and crisis communications projects.
- engage in proactive dashboard development and monitoring of a
wide range of analytics, including metrics associated with website
traffic and user behavior, social media marketing and engagement,
and click-through/read rates for press releases and
- interface frequently with researchers to stay on top of current
projects and timely technology trends, as well as help produce
content related to their technical papers.
- work with reporters and external visitors to organize
interviews, coordinate press visits and engage in media-relations
efforts as needed.
This position is based on Cornell Tech's Roosevelt Island
campus in New York City. While the position is not eligible for a
fully remote work location, it is expected that large amounts of
work will be able to be done remotely.
All applicants are required to submit a resume and cover
- Bachelor's Degree with a focus in journalism, writing, digital
media or communications, plus 3 to 5 years of professional
communications experience, preferably in higher education, business
- Demonstrated success in overseeing content management systems
as part of a UX-focused, metrics-oriented strategy for a complex,
multifaceted website. Experience with CMS and CRM systems,
including WordPress, ActiveCampaign, and related plug-ins and
- Experience managing freelance vendors, including writers,
photographers and videographers
- Work experience in communications-related analytics, including
newsletters, press outreach and media monitoring
- Excellent skills in writing, editing, storyboarding, creative
thinking and content development across multiple platforms,
including print, digital, web and social media
- Demonstrated skills managing social media channels and running
small marketing campaigns, including with respect to SEO and social
- Have a strong understanding of UX and SEO
- Project management experience a plus
- Communications experience with business schools or technical
- Experience managing video projects and supervising video crews,
reporters and campus press tours
- Demonstrated skills in digital manipulation of images and
video, including resizing, compressing, converting and rendering a
variety of media into common digital formats.