Executive Director of Enrollment
Kennedy King College at 6301 S. Halsted
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC)
, the largest community
college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five
satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year
access to a quality, affordable education.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor - Enrollment, theExecutive
Director - Enrollment
, provides management oversight of the
district’s recruitment and enrollment functions to ensure a unified
and coordinated approach in executing colleges’ strategic
enrollment management (SEM) plans and achieving the District’s
goals for recruitment and enrollment growth.
TheExecutive Director - Enrollment
advises the Vice
Chancellor on all matters relating to student recruitment,
enrollment and retention and works to implement a comprehensive
vision and strategy for enrollment management through team
building, professional development and process improvement.
Performs related duties as required.
- Responsible for the implementation of a comprehensive
enrollment management plan that fully integrates individual
colleges’ student enrollment management plans (SEMs).
- Builds enrollment management capacity to enable colleges to
develop and execute strategic enrollment management inclusive of
recruitment, admissions, retention, and completion.
- Develops strategic partnerships with Chicago Public Schools
(CPS), private/catholic high schools, and other area high schools
to foster recognition of CCC’s programs and educational
- Works closely with college deans and other senior leaders to
analyze enrollment related data, assess current strategies, and
ensure attainment of established enrollment goals.
- Supervises the District Director- Admissions accountable for
new student attainment, providing research, data analysis, policy
and programmatic support of enrollment management strategies.
- Ensures processes are in place for CCC enrollment and
recruitment representatives to interact optimally with the high
school community and key stakeholders.
- Monitors campus and on-line registration process to assess
student commitment to CCC.
- Supports college enrollment teams overseeing the recruitment,
admissions, and onboarding processes, ensuring colleges have needed
resources to achieve objectives.
- Analyzes patterns and enrollment trends and identifies oppo
rtunities for process improvements; implements enhancements to
procedures a nd systems to improve student experiences.
- Communicates with high school administrators and prospective
students to help create student awareness of educational options
available at CCC including pathways, financial aid opportunities
and success stories.
- Directs and oversees the on-going evaluation and the continuous
improvement of enrollment management programs including student
- Collaborates with Decision Support to develop and implement
data-informed enrollment strategies and improve efficiency of
processes and procedures.
- Develops and deploys professional development plans and
opportunities to enhance staff and organizational knowledge of
enrollment management and to ensure superior customer service.
- Plans for and implements strategies for use of technologies to
communicate and build relationships with students and their
families as well as schools.
- Collaborates with M arketing and C ommunications on strategies
to identify student pipelines, student prospects, convert prospects
to enrollments, and retain students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
District Director - Admissions
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- Five years of progressively responsible experience, including
supervision, in the higher education sector.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing
innovative recruitment and enrollment strategies and enrollment
- Considerable experience in data-driven recruitment and
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to digest and
apply relevant data, and leverage analytics and technological
- Ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a team
environment with all levels of professional, technical and
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with internal and
external constituents to foster change and process
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in
one’s work experience.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
Excellent health and welfare benefit package and
long term savings and investment programs including 403(b) &
457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State
University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation,
holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a
more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page
of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6
months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City College of Chicago!