Assistant Director Student Records Services/Assistant
Internal Position Title
Assistant Director Student Records Services
The Assistant Director is responsible for assisting the Director of
Student Records and Global Engagement in the overall leadership and
supervision of student records, policies, and procedures. This
includes oversight of degree and certificate conferral, transfer
and military credit evaluations, and coordinating efficient and
effective student service components with the WOSC, phones, virtual
services, e-mail, and internal and external departments. This
position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a high
level of equity driven customer service, remaining current on all
regulations applicable to Federal and State student records
guidelines, training staff, and assisting the Student Records
Department with compliance and all customer service initiatives.
Additionally, the Assistant Director will work with other
departments to provide outreach programs to students, parents, and
community organizations, as applicable.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently
includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and
Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and
qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group
and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible
spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays
off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid
holidays each year.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A minimum of three (3) years prior experience in student
records at an institution of higher education with demonstrated
progression of responsibility.
- A minimum of three (3) years prior experience in supervision
- Knowledge and understanding of student records, academic
policies and procedures, and college curriculum process.
- Prior experience with developing, implementing and evaluating
customer satisfaction programs.
- Knowledge of student information software systems.
- Excellent organizational skills are essential as this is a
highly visible position with heavy public, student, internal
contact with peers, faculty, and staff. Establish and maintain
effective working relationships with those contacted in the course
of duties assigned to this role.
- Firm commitment to inclusion, diversity, excellence, unity, and
purpose as it relates to all functions of student records services
in promoting student success and satisfaction.
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with
persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities;
demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students, faculty, and staff, including those
with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Master’s Degree.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English (fluency in verbal and
- Proven experience of collaboration with other departments in
establishing student success initiatives, especially those dealing
with student records/degree awarding/etc.
- Prior experience with PeopleSoft systems at the community
- Prior experience/leadership in college/university student
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
This position will remain open until filled.
$60,000 – $69,171
Total Hours per week
Minimum of 45
Monday – Friday, and Minimum of 45 hours per week.
Nights and weekends as needed.
Hours may vary based on the needs of the college.
Software Testing Required
Excel, MS Word
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Strategic Leadership and Planning: 15%
Project Management: 30%
- Collaborates closely with the Assistant Director of Student
Records Technology to develop functional requirements and plans for
new systems, reports, processes and ensures that delivered
functional processes are working.
- Provide Student Records staff supervision and training
regarding in excellence, unity, and compassion through student
records processes, and department procedures; coordinate work
assignments; conduct evaluations of staff performance. Motivates
and empowers staff to perform at consistently high service levels.
Defines appropriate professional goals and accountability systems
for staff. Develops evaluation system to hold staff professionally
accountable for student records functions that support student
- Evaluates and updates policies, processes, and procedures to
ensure they are equitable and meet students where they are to
ensure a student-centered experience. Uses data to assess the
impact on student outcomes across all functions. Ensures continuous
improvement of the student experience by making recommendations for
updates to other department areas as appropriate.
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals and
objectives for the Student Records Office.
- Lead a staff who maintain a prominent level of customer
satisfaction with students, prospective students, parents, college
personnel and third-party partners either through WOSC interaction,
phone call, virtual services, and e-mail.
Operations Management : 45%
- Remain informed of changes in federal, state, and institutional
policies that may impact departmental and institutional procedures.
Evaluate the effectiveness of existing policies and procedures and
recommends changes to the Director of Student Records and Global
- Coordinates and updates written policies and procedures,
including those found in the college catalog, student resource
guide, on the website, and on internal documents/process
maps/training manuals. Coordinates efficient and proper
dissemination of changes to stakeholders.
- Assist with functional/technical staff to ensure the best use
of technology in meeting state and federal mandates and providing
support for the functions of the office.
- Establish good working relationships with all offices of the
College to provide supportive service to the student records
- Assist with federal, state, and institutional applications and
reports within the deadline limitations.
Other Duties: 10%
- Coordinate student records policies and procedures including,
but not limited to the following: residency requirements and
communication, grading, registration/withdrawals, academic
standards, student records data, FERPA, enrollment and degree
reporting, subpoenas, and Solomon Act requests.
- Applies and utilizes an integrity mindset while ensuring all
policies and procedures reflect current Federal, State, and college
requirements, and evaluates to implement necessary changes or makes
recommendations to the Director of Student Records/Global
- Supervises evaluations of student records for the purposes of
awarding transfer credit for courses earned at other institutions,
test credits, and military credit, as well as graduation
- Establish and monitor business processes to maintain compliance
with federal, state, and institutional requirements.
- Establish and maintain work schedule to ensure proper coverage
of phone and email. Hire, train and supervise student workers.
Coordinate staff absence requests and coverage for college events
- Work closely with Educational Affairs on curriculum
design/implementation and prior learning assessments
- Award degrees and certificates and ensure proper and efficient
- Advise and educate students, prospective students, parents, and
the college community regarding records processes
- Ensure timely and accurate enrollment and degree reporting to
the National Student Clearinghouse, coordinate the degree
verification process and diploma processing.
- Coordinate the maintenance and storage of student records in
accordance with government regulations.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
- Work closely with the college community to promote an
understanding of college records programs, with the overall goal of
ensuring a collaborative culture is maintained throughout our
- Serve as a collaborative member of the Student Development
management team, working closely with other leaders to better serve
students, the division, and the college.
- Represents student records on internal and external college
committees and actively participates in local, regional and
national student records, community college, and higher education
- Other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher?
- * Do you have minimum of three (3) years prior experience in
student records at an institution of higher education with
demonstrated progression of responsibility ?
- * Do you have a minimum of three (3) years prior experience in
supervision and management?
- * Do you have a Master's degree or higher?
- * Are you bilingual (oral and written) in English and Spanish?
- * Do you have prior experience with PeopleSoft systems at the
community college level?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1