This is a Broadband Posting
Functions in a highly skilled craft capacity under minimal
supervision. Provides basic to intermediate service for mechanical
and electrical devices. Works in general construction and
maintenance, including carpentry, painting, plumbing, general
maintenance exterior maintenance, and scheduled moves and event
- Establishes and performs preventative maintenance schedule for
equipment and facilities.
- Orders supplies and materials and maintains adequate inventory
levels for skill trades.
- May assist with training other maintenance personnel.
- Performs the duties of skill trades such as plumbing,
electrical, carpentry, painting, general maintenance, mechanical,
HVAC, roofing and exterior maintenance as required.
- Selects materials to complete work requests or projects.
- Assists other specialized crafts in larger, more complex
projects, and assists other shops as needed including scheduled
moves and event setup.
- May be considered essential personnel and may be assigned to
serve on special task force during periods of emergency.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Skilled Trades Tech I: High school and 1 year experience.
Skilled Trades Tech II: High school and 3 years experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and
simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as
might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school
diploma or equivalent (GED). Prefer at least 288 hours of classroom
and related study as designated by apprenticeship standards.
Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of
directly job-related experience. Certification/Licensing: Works
toward fulfillment of second year apprenticeship requirements as
outlined in a U.S. Department of Labor registered apprenticeship
program. Will require a valid Texas Driver License.
Notes to Applicant:
Please submPlit letter of reference