A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing
academic success. The Assistant Director of Admissions provides
leadership for the University admissions office. The Director will
be responsible for staffing, training, and managing a compliant
campus Admissions Team by facilitating the selection and enrollment
of qualified student applicants for admission. The Assistant
Director is a key strategic leader for recruitment and admissions,
with broad responsibility and accountability for this function and
the admissions team.
Educate and train on educational programs, expected outcomes,
student services, and financial considerations to students,
parents, and educators.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- To coordinate and participate by traveling to in-person and
virtual promotional activities, including high school
presentations, campus tours, college fairs, or special events to
present programs to prospective students.
- Collaboratively consult with campus leadership to plan and
implement recruitment strategies.
- Build, maintain and establish relationships throughout assigned
- Monitors application progress and audits student records to
ensure accuracy of completion of application materials.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the
- The ability to engage current students, faculty, alumni, and
parents in the recruitment and enrollment of all new students.
- Practical with the ability to artfully approach all elements of
the recruitment funnel.
- Familiarity with compliance with federal and state financial
aid regulations, along with attention to adherence to budget
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative,
resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information,
protect the assets of the institution, act ethically and with
integrity, and adhere to FMU’s Code of Conduct and policies and
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to
work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Manage, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks/projects
simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified as essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
- Bachelor's degree and at least five years of progressive
leadership experience in College Admissions, including recruitment
and enrollment planning and program development.
- Preferred qualifications of Master’s degree in a related field
and five-seven (5-7) years or more experience in a college
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems. A thorough
understanding of technology, learning management systems, and
computer applications are essential (i.e. Slate, Blackboard,
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, LinkedIn Learning, as well as
knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure,
workflow, and operating procedures. Familiar with Jenzabar
technology suite for higher education.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as knowledge and
understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity