POSITION: FACULTY, Mathematics
STATUS: Full time Tenure track
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
REPORTS TO: Department Chair
PLACEMENT: Placement on salary schedule is dependent on
MINIMUM PAY RATE: Qualifications include education and related work
START DATE: January 3, 2022
Joliet Junior College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
college supporting diversity.
Adapt to new and changing situations and demonstrate a positive
attitude. Demonstrate respect for students; understand learning
styles and apply understanding to institution-related activities;
demonstrate integrity and promote diversity and open
communications. Fifteen credit hours a semester constitute a
standard load. Course assignments may be late afternoon, evening,
Saturday, and at branch campuses or satellite centers. Position is
subject to all terms and provisions of the Joliet Junior College
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To have and maintain a thorough knowledge of his/her subject
matter and to keep informed of growth and developments in his/her
field for the purpose of continually improving the delivery of
instruction to the student population.
2. Teach assigned courses.
3. Work closely with other instructors and special programs and
services within the college to determine placements, curriculum,
and academic support.
4. Participate in course development, assessment, accreditation,
and planning activities.
5. Be willing to teach online and/or hybrid courses.
6. Participate in appropriate departmental meetings and recruitment
activities; serve on committees.
7. Assist students with academic advising.
8. Demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching and learning.
9. Demonstrate strong understanding and commitment to the community
10. Teach at other campus sites as needed.
11. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet
Junior College faculty contract.
1. Master’s Degree in Mathematics.
2. Two (2) years of teaching experience.
1. Experience in teaching online learning and use of course
learning management programs.
2. Experience in course development and assessment, planning,
quality and accreditation processes, and committee service.
3. Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from
4. Expertise in appropriate technologies for instruction.
5. Experience in teaching a variety of math courses.
6. Experience using publisher online resources such as homework and
7. Experience using video conferencing tools such as Zoom and
1. Normal classroom physical demands.
1. Classroom teaching environment.
2. Remote teaching environment.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
40 For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.