Job Vacancy Announcement
Dean, Enrollment Management
Student Enrollment Services
Full Time or Part Time
Hiring Salary Range
Salary Commensurate with Experience and Education
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
Regular or Temporary
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Dean of
Enrollment Management ( DEM ) provides strategic leadership,
supervision and direction to the college’s student recruitment,
admissions and integrative delivery of enrollment services efforts.
The DEM will develop a longstanding enrollment management plan and
advise the Vice President with an assertive strategy to advance
existing practices and grow traditional and non-traditional
enrollment subgroups. The Dean will engage faculty, staff, alumni
and key stakeholders to transform admissions processes and develop
thriving relationships within and beyond the region.
The Dean will lead and support (1) Recruitment and Admissions, (2)
Records and Registration, and (3) PGCC Testing Center.
- Master’s Degree in student personnel administration, education,
or a related field.
- Four years of full-time or equated experience in Student
- Three years of direct program administration and supervision in
one or more of the areas of responsibility.
CRITERIA : The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria
used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the
applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application.
Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below
for this position.
- Provide leadership and planning for recruitment and enrollment
of prospective students, dual enrollees, international (F-1)
students, readmits, veterans, transfer and continuing students. The
Dean will lead with creativity to foster development, execution and
ongoing renewal of enrollment workflows that embody the values of
PGCC and support an inclusive and diverse student body.
- Develop measurable tactics to advance the progression of the
enrollment funnel and desired yields.
- Administrative responsibility for assessment services,
including computerized diagnostic testing, academic assessment,
commercial tests, on-line testing applications, proctoring
services, and license exams.
- Administrative responsibility for student records and
registration functions, including graduation certification, credit
evaluation, refund appeals, course schedule development, college
catalog, and compliance reporting.
- Assess and respond to student customer service issues/problems
relating to the enrollment and matriculation process for the
- Ensure coordination of all divisional/unit programs and
services, including, but not limited to, peak registration and new
- Be knowledgeable about current research, trends, best practices
and mandates impacting student enrollment, including programs and
services for students who are academically and/or economically
disadvantaged and other special populations.
- Serve as liaison between Enrollment Services and professional
groups, accrediting bodies, and community/government agencies.
- Initiate and supervise the budgetary planning process for area
of responsibility and administer the department’s annual operating
budget. Establish priorities for allocating fiscal resources to
attain departmental and institutional objectives.
- Work with advisory committees, faculty, college committees, and
the administration in order to carry out goals and objectives of
the department, Student Affairs Area and the College.
- Prepare immediate and long-range goals and objectives for
Student Enrollment Services.
- Initiate and lead the departmental planning process to
formulate annual operating objectives.
- Recommend to the Vice President for Student Affairs policies
and procedures related to Student Enrollment Services.
- Identify and implement critical customer service standards and
appropriate student success strategies in support of the College’s
vision, mission, and strategic plan.
- Perform other duties and as assigned by the Vice President for
Is Background Check Required?
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30
p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications that are submitted by January 24, 2022
receive first consideration. This position will remain open until
Prince George’s Community College values the safety of its
students, faculty, and staff. As part of that commitment, the
College has announced effective October 21, 2021, all students,
faculty, and staff must be vaccinated against COVID -19 or tested
for the virus weekly. As a prospective or new employee, you will be
required to comply with this mandate and all the necessary safety
protocols, including wearing a mask. Please direct your questions
related to the vaccination, testing, mask mandates, and
requirements for exemptions to VMPO@pgcc.edu .
; you will receive an email
acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no
further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or
the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have four years of full-time or equated experience in
Student Affairs administration?
- * Briefly describe your experience referenced in the previous
questions. Enter N/A if you do not have experience. Do not enter
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Curriculum Vitae