Northeast Higher Education District (NHED) is seeking to fill
the position of a full-time, permanent Director of Technology
Services - Management Info Systems Supv 2 (MMA).
Home office can be located at any of the campuses of the
Northeast Higher Education District, as determined with the Vice
President of Institutional Advancement and
Travel to all campuses of the Northeast Higher Education
District will be required.
The Director of Technology Services provides planning,
coordination, oversight, leadership, and supervision for the
Technology Services department of NHED Colleges, consisting of six
This position leads the development of the technology strategic
planning efforts for the College, developing long and short-term
plans for the college technology services, including
infrastructure, security, classrooms, applications, and
website. This position will advise the college leadership on
new technology, current technology purchases, and technology trends
in higher education, security, and potential technology
risks. The position will supervise, lead and manage the
technical staff to ensure the department operates at an optimal
level and supports the needs of the campuses.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience in advanced network systems,
- Supervisory or lead work experience.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Windows and Linux
operating systems, network and web-based applications, and a
hands-on ability to diagnose and repair a wide variety of
networking hardware and software systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to clearly convey
information to a wide variety of clientele ranging from novice to
- Project management skills sufficient to create clear and
attainable project objectives, build project requirements, oversee
the cost, time, and scope of projects, manage project constraints,
and communicate progress and results.
- Strategic management and planning skills sufficient for the
integration and use of technology to support learning, services for
students, and research and management decision-making.
- Ability to work non-standard hours required to deal with
project work and IT operations during evening and weekends.
- Commitment to diversity as well as a demonstrated ability to
work successfully with persons of diverse backgrounds including
sensitivity to their needs and concerns.
- Budget development and management experience.
- Leadership and knowledge of IT management principles,
practices, processes, and trends in order to effectively manage the
department and support the educational mission of the
- Experience in higher education.
- Knowledge of Minnesota State policies, procedures, and
- Knowledge of best practices in website development.
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex systems and procedures
and implement their use in a production environment.
- Industry Information Security Certifications, such as Certified
Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Systems
Security Professional (CISSP).
Applicants must apply using the People Admin online
Please attach to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Current Resume
Deadline to Apply: September 17, 2021
The five colleges of the Northeast Higher Education District,
which includes Hibbing Community College, Itasca Community College,
Mesabi Range College, Rainy River Community College and Vermilion
Community College, are in the process of merging into a single
accredited college* which will be operational fall 2022.
*Pending HLC and Board of Trustees approval
The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package
including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life
insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible
spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation,
generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each
For more information on insurance benefits, please visit https://mn.gov/mmb/segip/
For more information on this posting, please
AA/EO, Veteran Friendly