Skip to main content

This job has expired

Associate Dean of Academic & Student Affairs in the College of Education

Employer
College of Education
Location
97331, Corvallis
Salary
Commensurate with experience
Date posted
Feb 19, 2024
Website
https://education.oregonstate.edu/

View more

Position Type
Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration
Employment Level
Administrative
Employment Type
Full Time

The College of Education at Oregon State University seeks a colleague, leader, and social justice change-maker to serve as its next Associate Dean of Academic and Student Affairs. The individual should have the background and qualifications commensurate with the rank of associate professor or professor with tenure in one or more of the fields of Education, Counseling, and/or Higher Education. 

Serving as the College’s thought leader for student and academic program success efforts and innovations through 75% of the role, the remaining 25% of the role will be focused on the individual’s teaching, advising, and/or research expertise. Along with an emphasis on equity and social justice, we seek an individual with scholarly expertise in one or more of the following areas:

  • AI in Education or Counseling
  • Multilingualism/Multiculturalism in K-20 Education or Counseling
  • Educational Administration
  • Higher Education
  • Literacy
  • Social Work
  • Special Education
  • STEM Education

The successful candidate will be hired on a 12-month basis in the role of Associate Dean in a professional faculty position for an initial 3-5 years at the discretion of the Dean. Upon completion of their service as Associate Dean, the incumbent will have the option to continue employment as a full-time academic faculty member in one of the College’s two departments: Counseling and Adult-Higher Education or Educational Practice and Research. 

The position will be located in Corvallis, at Oregon State’s beautiful, historic and state-of-the-art main campus in one of America’s best college towns. Corvallis is located close to the Pacific Ocean, the Cascade mountains and Oregon wine country. Nestled in the heart of the Willamette Valley, this beautiful city offers miles of mountain biking and hiking trails, a river perfect for boating or kayaking and an eclectic downtown featuring local cuisine, popular events and performances. 

At Oregon State University’s College of Education, we develop a diverse and inclusive community of scholars, educators and change agents. We are deeply engaged with equity and anti-racism work in our research, teaching and service. Adult and higher education, counseling, teaching and other programs have redesigned curriculum firmly grounded in diversity, equity and inclusion. The College is fully committed to serving the needs of our Black, Indigenous and People of Color in our community. For more information about the College of Education, please visit http://education.oregonstate.edu.

The College of Education at OSU respects and celebrates the many life commitments of our employees. Learn more about OSU’s resources for work-life, families, and partners at https://hr.oregonstate.edu/work-life

To learn more about the position, its qualifications, and to apply, please visit https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/150375

Get job alerts

Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.

Create alert