University of Idaho
Pre-Health Professions Advisor
$41,288 per year or higher depending on education
The Pre-Health Professions Advisor provides career
education/advising to pre-health interested students and alumni
from all academic majors. Services include helping students
understand and assess their interests and aptitude relative to a
health professions career, major exploration, course
recommendations, suggestions for gaining relevant experience, and
support with the professional school application process. The
Pre-Health Professions Advisor reports to the Pre-Health
Professions Program Coordinator.
- Experience presenting information clearly and concisely to
individuals, small, and large groups.
- Experience working in a student-centered customer
service-oriented team environment to accomplish shared goals.
- Experience interpreting and applying standards and
- Post-secondary advising/counseling experience or professional
experience relevant to the health professions.
- Experience with health professions advising or advising for
application to advanced education and/or professional
- Experience presenting educational content in large group and
- Experience compiling and analyzing information for
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Proven excellence in public speaking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team
- Knowledge of the health professions.
Open Until Filled:
This position is open until filled, however, applications received
on or before September 12, 2021 will receive first
Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is
Please use your letter of
to explain in detail how your work
experience, skills, and abilities meet both the required and
preferred qualifications as listed in the position description.
Your letter of qualification will be used to demonstrate your
communication and writing skills to determine your ranking among
the other applicants for this position.
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative