Under the leadership of the Associate Director of Admissions for
Recruitment, the Regional Admissions Counselor is an integral part
of the Admissions team by participating in recruitment of new
students, including transfer students, to Dixie State University.
This position will work from home and on the road to coordinate
student recruitment efforts in Northern Utah. This particular
coordinator will be living and working in Northern Utah.
- Under the leadership of the Assistant Director of Admissions
(Recruitment), responsible for recruiting and enrolling new
undergraduate students in the Northern Utah area and surrounding
- Generate and analyze enrollment analytics of assigned territory
and make strategic student recruitment decisions based on data
- Coordinate student recruitment activities in assigned
territory, including travel in short and over extended periods, in
support of student recruitment activities.
- Build personalized relationships with prospective students,
families, school counselors, alumni, and other constituents in
support of the recruitment goals for the territory.
- Represent the university at college fairs, job fairs, student
recruitment events, etc.
- Train Ambassadors about their role and duties as it relates to
- Assist with any new student recruitment activities as assigned
by the Director or Assistant Directors.
- This position will require travel and high school visits in
support of student recruitment activities. Travel will be required
for extended periods of time. Specifically, post high school tours
during the fall & spring semesters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
- Ability to live in in the assigned regional area and work
from home required.
- Ability to travel in support of student recruitment activities,
both for short and extended periods of time.
- Experience in relationship building, marketing, or sales
preferred; experience in student recruitment and student leadership
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and professionally handle
- Ability to exercise critical thinking skills to improve
- Comfortable in a university environment working with students,
faculty, and staff from multiple backgrounds and
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of
$40,000, with a desired start date of October 2021. Excellent
benefits package included that begins on start date; includes
medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs,
life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for
employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in
addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/
under 'Benefits Summary' for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Application review begins
Submit cover letter, resume, and contact
information (including email) for three professional references
electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special
services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please
call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
Dixie State University (DSU) is an
open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed
to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an
instructional approach of 'active learning. active life' and a
culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and
staff committed to creating an active, applied and career-oriented
learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911
as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is
located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert
climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy
access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The
nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with
amenities such as an international airport and professional
sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of
higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230
programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates,
endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and
retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas,
possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and
vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive,
comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity
/ Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU
are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs
and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State
University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination,
including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran,
or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or
any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing
regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel
Sainsbury - firstname.lastname@example.org , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - email@example.com ,
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for
Civil Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, email@example.com ,
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required
to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and
to complete the required employment eligibility verification form