Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma are honorary service and leadership organizations that serve college and university band programs through service projects, fundraisers, social events and other projects designed to promote the welfare those programs.
The National Executive Director works in close collaboration with other leaders of both organizations to manage resources with an organization-wide holistic approach to achieve each organization’s strategic and annual goals. They provide input to the National Councils and Boards of Trustees on the overall strategic and long-term direction of the organizations. Additionally, they lead the strategic direction, planning, budgeting, policies, and business practices of the National Headquarters and successfully supervise staff members in the daily functions and operations of the office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With input and approval from the National Presidents, the National Executive Director selects, employs, and onboards National Headquarters staff, completes annual performance appraisals of them, creates and implements staff performance improvement plans as needed.
- Maintains records and HR materials in compliance with state and federal regulations and following industry best practices.
- Communicates with the National Councils and Boards of Trustees regarding the operations of the National Headquarters, including staff projects, vacation requests, and upcoming events and projects monthly.
- Seeks regular professional development and encourages necessary and beneficial professional development opportunities for all staff.
- Maintains a positive rapport with a variety of stakeholders from both organizations, including college students, Directors of Bands, collegiate administration, organizational volunteers, alumni members, etc.
- Fulfills state and federal regulations regarding the operation of non-profit organizations.
- Maintains all property owned and leased by the organizations and provides monthly updates on their condition and upkeep.
- Maintains good business practices in the receipt and disbursement of funds.
- Closely monitors the financial status of the organizations and communicates those statuses monthly.
- In conjunction with leaders from each organization, develops and executes the biennial budget for each organization.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferably in Non-profit Management, Business Management, or other relevant field of study, or the equivalent of 12+ years’ relevant work experience is required.
- A minimum of four years of senior management experience managing programs or operations in a non-profit agency, with at least two years in a leadership capacity; or an equivalent combination of experience is required.
- Advanced degrees or certification(s) are desired.
- Thorough knowledge of the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma.
- Knowledge of resource development activities and sources of funding.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate operations, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects.
- Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making, delegation.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to communicate complex data clearly.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all National Presidents and leaders, staff, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Ability to manage staff effectively.
- Membership in either Tau Beta Sigma or Kappa Kappa Psi is not required but is preferred. A willingness to understand the structure and operation of our organizations is necessary.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is critical and must be demonstrated.
- Basic knowledge of asset management including financial resources and property.
- Familiarity with a wide range of financial transactions including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel, QuickBooks, as well as Google file sharing services, website maintenance, publication applications, Adobe Suite, video conferencing services, and Salesforce is desired.
- Analytical and comfortable working with databases.
- Commitment to the missions of both Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Background check is required.
- Pre-employment drug screening may be required.
The National Executive Director position is a full-time position located at the National Headquarters of Kappa Kappa Psi & Tau Beta Sigma, in Stillwater, Oklahoma. This position is not a remote position.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. The employee is required to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception. The employee is required to sit for periods of time to perform functions on the computer.
Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma National Headquarters is an Equal Opportunity Employer.