Open Until Filled
Executive Assistant to the Executive Vice President
Department this Position Reports to
Chief of Staff to the EVP
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not a Union Position
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Hours: 9-5 Monday-Friday; occasional weekend and evening
Location of Position
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
The Executive Assistant (EA) to the Executive Vice President ( EVP
) serves a key role in the Office of the President, providing
high-level administrative support to the Executive Vice President (
EVP ). The EA manages the highly complex schedule of the EVP,
prepares meeting materials and correspondence, engages with key
stakeholders, and represents the EVP and the President’s Office
with various constituencies. The EA staffs the EVP at meetings and
events and, in collaboration with the President’s Office team,
maintains a professional and welcoming office environment.
Join Dartmouth’s EVP for Strategy division as the Executive
Assistant to the Executive Vice President, focusing on day-to-day
operations and high-level executive administrative support. A
successful candidate will be able to effectively multitask,
prioritize as needs evolve, communicate effectively, and juggle
multiple tasks with excellent organization skills and careful
attention to detail. They will be comfortable responding to
unexpected developments while discreetly managing daily tasks,
solving urgent problems, and upholding the vision and priorities of
the Executive VP. Having knowledge working in higher education is a
plus. Learn more about EVP Stephen
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and
- At least 5 years of relevant office experience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all matters.
- Ability to take initiative, adapt and prioritize tasks, and
anticipate the EVP’s needs.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced and occasionally
- Ability to work comfortably independently and collaboratively
as part of a team, both with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on occasional nights/weekends.
Department Contact for Recruitment Inquiries
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience planning events.
- Experience supporting executives.
Zoya Chhabra and Olivia Minder
Department Contact Phone Number
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Devin Gray and Zoya Chhabra
Department Contact's Phone Number
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We
prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any
other legally protected status. Applications by members of all
underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and
successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which
may include a criminal background check, reference checks,
verification of work history, conduct review, and verification of
any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications,
with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction
will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment.
Background check information will be used in a confidential,
non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road
vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this
Not an essential function
Special Instructions to Applicants
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of
tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited
in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated
or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details,
please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
Administrative Support for the EVP (90%)
Percentage Of Time
- Provide professional and discreet administrative support to the
EVP by demonstrating initiative and a commitment to
- Partner with the President’s Office team to coordinate the
efficient and smooth operation of the office.
- Create the EVP’s daily calendar and manage necessary
- Create and manage expense reports for the EVP .
- Schedule meetings and events, coordinate logistics and book
space as needed.
- Acquire and organize information and materials for the EVP’s
meetings, events, reports, travel, and special projects.
- Compile, screen, and prioritize the EVP’s mail for daily
review; manage follow-up.
- Manage car service and other transportation logistics for the
EVP and arrange accommodations as necessary.
- Staff the EVP at events both on and off campus as
- Arrange catering and meals for the EVP as necessary.
- Provide personal assistance to the EVP and their family as
President’s Office Operational Support (10%)
Percentage Of Time
- In collaboration with the President’s Office team, welcome
visitors to the office. Answer and redirect calls, take messages,
and respond to electronic and in-person inquiries and requests for
information as appropriate, providing professional customer service
in all interactions.
- In collaboration with other members of the Office of the
President, support with the coordination, and staffing of events
including Commencement and other major annual and ad hoc events in
which the President’s Office is a stakeholder.
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural
awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter