20Carnegie Mellon University’s Robotics Institute is searching for
a Research Assistant to join their team. This is an exciting
opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and
challenging work environment.
We are seeking creative and energetic research assistant (RA) that
will be engaged in approved research projects according to defined
protocols and procedures, including the appropriate collection,
recording, storage, and analysis of data (audiovisual
video-recording, survey completion on smartphone, data acquisition,
and data transfer between different sites). The RA will also train
the participants on how to adequately complete the data collection
on smartphone. That includes install the mobile app on the
participants’ phones, complete the prompts, and manage signals,
such as using snooze mode to delay a reply. Responsibilities will
also include ensuring data collection adhere to frameworks and all
data collection documentation is maintained appropriately.
- Recruit participants for research studies.
- Perform approved research project tasks according to defined
protocols and procedures including appropriate collection,
recording, storage, and analysis of data, and reporting of
- Ensure the proper preparation of equipment calibration for
- Maintain appropriate equipment maintenance and usage by
ensuring the adherence to laboratory standards.
- Follow appropriate research policies and procedures and
maintains scientific integrity including accurate data
- Communicate the daily progress of research projects via
meetings with, and written reports to the research director.
- Responsible for following the mandatory reporting procedures
for any incident or event that did affect or potentially could
affect the project goals and workflow.
- Optimize protocols and improve methods currently
- Coordinates work consistently to achieve maximum
- Demonstrates ability to deal with changes in priorities to
provide smooth and consistent workflow.
- Interacts with interdisciplinary professional partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to apply
- Master or bachelor degree in computer science and/or medical
science or related field of study.
- Two years’ experience in a research environment with at least
one year in the designated specialty of research.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Strong organization and planning skills, careful attention to
detail with strong follow-through, able to prioritize and organize
tasks effectively to accomplish objectives in a timely
- Strong computer skills and advanced knowledge in file
management, transcription, and other administrative procedures
(Microsoft Office, Excel and other databases.).
- Enthusiastic about collaborating with partners from multiple
disciplines and institutions.
- Applications should be sent to https://w ww.cmu.e du/jobs/index.html
- Reference: Research Assistant - Robotics Institute -2020919
- A single PDF file titled FirstNameLastName.pdf should be
attached to the application, including:
- A cover letter: brief letter of application, describing your
qualifications and relevant experience to the position of interest
(with expected date of availability),
- A CV including a list of publications and two recent
representative publications (including full citation
- Three reference letters (sent separately by the referees).
Please email these 3 references to the recruiter Aaron DeHart (
- Please be advised that if all 3 steps of the application
process are not completed you will NOT be considered for the
Joining the CMU team opens the door to an array of exceptional
benefits, available to all full-time Carnegie Mellon University
employees. Experience the full spectrum of advantages, from
comprehensive medical, prescription, dental, and vision insurance
to enticing retirement savings programs. Unlock your potential with
tuition benefits, and take well-deserved breaks with generous paid
time off and holidays. Rest easy knowing you're covered by life and
accidental death and disability insurance. For a comprehensive
overview of the benefits awaiting you, explore: https://www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance
At Carnegie Mellon, we value the whole package when extending
offers of employment. Beyond just credentials, we consider the role
& responsibilities, your invaluable work experience, and the
knowledge gained through education and training. We acknowledge and
appreciate your unique key skills and the diverse perspectives you
bring. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive work environment
means we also account for geographic differentials. Your journey
with us is about more than just a job; it is about finding the
perfect fit for your professional growth and personal
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity?! Apply
Staff – Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Full Time/Part time
- Please visit “ Why Carnegie Mellon ” to learn more about
becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change
- Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity
- Statement of Assurance