Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is accepting applications
for the part-time position of Head Women’s Basketball Coach. The
successful candidate is responsible for leading all aspects of the
program including recruiting, scouting, coaching and counseling
- Assist in supervising all activities related to the student
- Provide academic, personal, and professional mentoring to
- Comply with all NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist with coordinating program’s recruiting efforts by
identifying and evaluating prospects, making initial contact with
potential recruits, and selling the school and program to recruits
that meet admission guidelines to achieve roster goals and build a
- Maintain records of all recruiting contacts and keep head coach
informed of recruiting efforts.
- Make regular contact with signees and assist with needs for
enrollment into school such as transcripts and class
- Establish the team’s competition and practice schedules which
includes but not limited to coordinating, locating, and scheduling
of opponents, make travel arrangements for away games. Scheduling
and assistance for opponents’ practices in gymnasium and possible
- Communicate with players’ teachers and with student services
regarding class, absences and academic progress.
- Coordinate and organize equipment
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited
- 2-3 years experience in a position coaching high school or
Sustained posture or intense attentiveness
for prolonged periods. Lifting (more than 50 lbs.), walking,
pushing, and pulling on a regular basis. Occasional exposure to
risk controlled by safety precautions. Frequent travel including
overnight and weekend travel is required.