Graphic Design Specialist
Arizona State University
The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering Dean’s office at ASU seeks a highly-motivated Graphic Designer to join our Marketing and Communications team. The successful candidate hired for this role will work collaboratively with the leadership team and other decision-makers to plan, develop and produce creative, high-quality marketing materials for college audiences (e.g., faculty, staff, students, donors, prospective students, and the general public) using multiple media and tools, including computer graphic systems and software. This role supports Academic Student Affairs in creating materials to recruit, engage and support students. Incumbents in this classification are required to work independently and within established deadlines inherent to the graphic design industry.
Applicants need to submit a portfolio of design work.
$49,635 - $68,462 per year; DOE
- Designs graphics for layout of posters, slides, banners, newsletters, brochures, booklets, flyers, websites, emails, social media and other materials as requested by client using traditional and computer graphic methods
- Contributes to the development and implementation of social media and email campaigns for the Fulton Schools
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud applications, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign as well as a working knowledge of commercial printing processes is required
- Knowledge of social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), scheduling and execution is required
- Operates various graphic design equipment such as graphic computers, cameras and printing equipment
- Confers with clients, editors, marketing and communications team members and others regarding project details such as print specifications, graphic content, layout and media requirements
- Writes bid specifications for jobs assigned to external vendors; coordinates production of materials with external vendors by monitoring jobs in progress, resolving technical problems, proofing material and ensuring deadlines are met
- Maintains department files of completed assignments; maintains accurate logs of work in progress such as time devoted to project and materials used
- May perform location photography, create illustrations and design and construct visual displays and exhibits
- Ensures timeliness of all information and coordinates content updates with departments, programs and other units
Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field AND four (4) years experience in graphic design and/or website design; OR, Eight (8) years experience in graphic design and/or website design; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing practices and principles
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with faculty, staff, teams, and community members
- Experience with creating motion graphics
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience translating complex and technical subjects/stories for a general audience
- Experience working with Google Workspace and Microsoft Office
- Evidence of effective communication skills
- Experience in strategic communication planning
- Experience in principles, concepts and practices of project management
- Experience in communication assessment, editing, research and summary
- Experience in working collaboratively with internal and external committees, faculty, staff, and community members
- Experience in demonstrating research, publication and presentation
- Experience in taking and processing photos for online and publication use
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Drives University vehicle and/or cart to campus site
The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering is the largest producer of engineering and technical talent in the nation and seeks to deliver a world-class learning experience for our students and to advance research and innovation – all at scale. We value and emphasize inherently interdisciplinary endeavors that leverage the breadth and depth of expertise among our outstanding faculty, and have built a unique place for large-scale innovation characterized by foundational excellence and translational impacts. We are an engineering school on the rise at the most innovative university in the country and in the heart of the nation’s fifth largest metropolitan area. The scale of our faculty research interests and interdisciplinary mindset, combined with more than 48 graduate degree programs and 25 undergraduate degree programs, provide the foundation for knowledge generation and collaborative opportunities to advance new ideas.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering, located across ASU’s Tempe and Polytechnic campuses, is comprised of seven schools based on academic programs and research areas. Fulton Engineering has a nationally recognized faculty that conducts research, instructs and mentors students, provides service to engineering, computing and technology professions and creates lasting impacts across local and global communities.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering follows a framework of values designed to distinguish our practice and guide daily decisions in our academic, research, corporate engagement and entrepreneurial endeavors. These values influence how we recognize, reward and communicate our achievements. At the Fulton Schools of Engineering, we:
- Cultivate excellence.
- Deliver innovation that matters.
- Encourage bold thinking.
- Foster a community of learning and collaboration.
- Build a foundation for all to be successful.
Working at ASU has outstanding benefits that include: health, dental and vision insurance plans; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities, and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To view full description or to apply please click this link: