Open Until Filled
Formula Hybrid + Electric Program Coordinator
Department this Position Reports to
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not a Union Position
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Part Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
This is a part-time position with the busiest season in April/May
with the competition event. This is a hybrid position with flexible
Location of Position
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
Under the direction of the Formula Hybrid + Electric Program
Director, the Program Coordinator provides support for the planning
and execution of the annual competition, including but not limited
to assisting in the planning and management of the event,
maintaining and building sponsor relationships, soliciting and
managing event volunteers, and handling promotional
Working with the Director and a team of 150 volunteers, the Program
Coordinator oversees all aspects of the Formula Hybrid + Electric
competition. This includes organizing and distributing
student-submitted documents, coordinating with event site managers,
procuring and moving competition supplies and materials,
culminating with the on-site management of the five-day competition
at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
The competition is held at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway from
April 28 to May 2, 2024.
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Bachelors plus 3-5 years' experience or equivalent combination of
education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and
Department Contact for Recruitment Inquiries
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years’ experience working within a program
- Demonstrated record of successful program delivery and/or event
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with
stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Commitment to fostering respectful communication and
collaboration within a diverse community.
Department Contact Phone Number
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Department Contact's Phone Number
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We
prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any
other legally protected status. Applications by members of all
underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and
successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which
may include a criminal background check, reference checks,
verification of work history, conduct review, and verification of
any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications,
with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction
will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment.
Background check information will be used in a confidential,
non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road
vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this
Not an essential function
Special Instructions to Applicants
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of
tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited
in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated
or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details,
please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
In partnership with the Program Director, plans, coordinates and
facilitates the annual Formula Hybrid + Electric competition
Percentage Of Time
- Provides project management support for the annual event.
- Supports the recruitment of teams from higher education
engineering programs in the United States and other countries.
- Leads and coordinates the volunteer effort, maximizing
contribution and participation of volunteers both prior to and
during the event.
- Manages an online system for teams and volunteers to
pose/answer questions and for teams to submit required
- Processes financial agreements and transactions though
Dartmouth systems with and communicates with various vendors
involved in the program.
- Identifies ways to improve and streamline processes.
- Manages the inventory of all materials needed for the annual
- Manages and assists in the packing loading, unloading, and
transportation of required materials
- Attends all days of the annual event, coordinates all events
for the week, facilitates communication among track management,
workers, volunteers, teams, sponsors, and vendors
Builds and maintains relationships with existing and new sponsors
of the program.
Percentage Of Time
- Manages and maintains funding through communication with
existing sponsors and solicitation of new sponsors.
- Manages tasks related to sponsors, including maintaining
sponsor database and processing sponsor applications.
- Coordinates and executes career fair with Thayer Career
Services, sponsors and students.
- Works with Dartmouth Finance resources to ensure sponsor
funding is received and credited to the appropriate account.
- Updates and maintains Sponsor Opportunities including sponsor
levels and offerings
Provides support to students and student teams (15%)
- Tracks student document submissions and subsequent
- Coordinates student team registration, assisting teams as
needed with the process.
- Responds to questions and provides guidance to students.
Works in collaboration with others to develop marketing materials
and promote the program/event (15%)
Percentage Of Time
- Collaborates with Thayer Communications Office to update
website and promote the program and competition and coordinate
- Posts and promotes the program on various social media
- Represents Formula Hybrid + Electric at events.
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural
awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter