The University of Colorado Boulder Athletics department
encourages applications for a Custodian!
position will provide a clean, safe and sanitary environment for
all users of the Athletic Department facilities and by providing
total customer service for department staff, student athletes,
University community, and the general public.
This position is responsible for promoting the philosophy and
objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program. This shall
include adhering to the principles of the Athletic Department’s
Mission Statement, Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement, Core
Values, Policies and Procedures, as well as the rules and
regulations of the University, the Conference and the NCAA.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the
prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only
member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to
directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative
research, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff, and
students work with the broader community to establish outstanding
connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and
around the world.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Clean Athletic Department Buildings:
Maintain Hard Surface Floor:
- Maintain building entrances and building security. Empty trash
containers, pick up trash around the buildings, sweep and shovel
snow. Maintain restrooms and locker rooms in all Athletic
Department facilities: clean, stock and sanitize restrooms and
shower facilities. Clean all painted and tiled walls and windows.
Adjust work schedule when needed to be able to clean up after the
event while not affecting the other work that needs to be
completed. Assist in maintaining the security of each Athletic
Department building. After discovering maintenance issues report to
supervisor and maintenance unit.
Follow Campus/Department Green Sustainability Standards:
- By sweeping, mopping, and waxing. Determine the correct
dilution rate and the type of chemical(s)to use. Clean carpet
flooring by vacuuming, shampooing and extraction cleaning.
Power Wash Floors:
- Proper sorting of waste from the building into designated
compost, recycling and trash containers.
What You Should Know
- Stadium, showers, locker rooms, and chairs. Decide which areas
need to be power washed based on events, work schedules, team
events and travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We Can Offer
- This position works 100% from campus.
- This position will lift heavy equipment up to 10 lbs, and will
push/pull equipment of up to 50 lbs.
- The salary is $37,440 annually, or $18.00 an hour with
significant overtime eligibility.
- Additional Compensation Details:
- Relocation assistance is available within department
- Athletic Event Tickets: Per Athletic Department Policy and NCAA
regulations, Nike Elite Employee Benefit: Per Nike Elite
- Our outstanding benefits include:
- Paid days off: 22 vacation days, 15 sick leave days and 11
holidays per year.
- Access to medical, vision, dental and life insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- A 10% employer contribution retirement plan.
- EcoPass for free RTD rides.
- Opportunity for career growth within the division of athletics
and the CU Boulder campus!
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be challenged. Be fun. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Six months custodial experience.
- Required to work overtime, weekends, and special events.
What We Would Like You to Have
- Ability to perform the essential function of the job as outline
- Demonstrate human relations and effective communication
- 1+ year custodial experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. ( Optional )
A cover letter that specifically
tells us how your background and experience align with the
requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by December 18, 2023, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
This position is designated “essential/critical services.” The
incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus
emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or
man-made event) and report to work for regularly assigned shifts
during emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: