Under the general direction of the Sr. Program Manager and Program
Director, this position is responsible for supporting the
Department of Physician Assistant Education's programmatic needs,
including student record management, didactic course support,
clinical student clearance, logistics/planning, providing financial
operations support, grant support, and administrative support to
fulfill the objectives of the Physician Assistant Program and its
Provides administrative support to the Program in a variety of
functions that may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs administrative duties using working knowledge of the
unit’s policies, procedures, and practices.
- Serves as a secondary point of contact for the department.
Answers telephones, responds to questions, provides information,
routes callers, and receives and directs visitors in a supporting
- Curriculum delivery support: Maintains exam room supplies;
coordinates and facilitates clinical lab supply ordering and
inventory; reserves educational spaces; assists with exam
development and facilitation; assists with interdepartmental
educational interactions/events. Serve as support for simulation
assessment scheduling, and clinical rotation clearance as
- Assists didactic coordinator with course calendar updates,
textbook orders, and faculty course assignment tracking.
- Maintain the physical appearance of the department’s
facilities. Supports department office/facilities operations,
submitting service requests for equipment and office maintenance
and duplicating services.
- Maintains electronic-based student records to ensure complete
records throughout enrollment; production of student files upon
request. Responsible for trimester audits.
- Maintains various department, faculty, and staff calendars to
ensure that department personnel are updated with current
- Assists with didactic-related financial operations,
departmental purchases, clinical-related reimbursements, and
- Utilize University Procard for purchasing materials/supplies in
support of academic and clinical programmatic functions. Completes
appropriate reconciliation procedures.
- Prepares internal and external correspondence, reports,
presentations, committee meeting agendas/minutes, and other related
activities as assigned.
- Performs data entry and internet research as requested.
- Coordinates, facilitates (including set-up and tear-down), and
supports unit events/activities as requested. Participates as
needed (may include evenings and weekends).
- Take meeting minutes for review and/or distribution,
specifically for Didactic Committee meetings. Assists other
committees as needed.
- Assist with examination supervision as needed.
- Sort, deliver, and manage unit didactic/clinical deliveries,
both incoming and outgoing.
- Responsible for following HIPAA and FERPA guidelines, having
strong task-prioritization skills, attention to detail, maintaining
confidentiality, and demonstrating an ability to work with others
in a productive and inclusive manner.
- Performs miscellaneous and other duties as assigned by Sr.
Program Manager and/or Program Director.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and
inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and
employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that
demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways
socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality,
socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Two (2) years of related experience providing administrative
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products including
Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Master’s Degree.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Two (2) or more years of related experience in higher
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, specifically Excel. Ability to
adapt to emerging technology.
- Intermediate to advanced data (statistical) analytical skills.
Experience with StatTools or other statistical software is highly
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with
diverse populations, and demonstrated commitment to promoting and
enhancing diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are crucial,
as this position regularly interacts with both the campus community
and the public.
- Solid English composition skills and the ability to create,
compose and edit letters and other materials are necessary.
- Must be able to exercise diplomacy and deal effectively with
people in various circumstances calmly and precisely.
- Must be able to task prioritize, organize resources, and
establish priorities in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Must be a self-starter, able to anticipate programmatic needs,
using problem-solving skills to address issues.
- Must assume responsibility and work effectively with minimum
- Ability to coordinate various activities, correctly interpret
directions and work well under tight deadlines is crucial.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Previous experience in an academic setting is highly
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity,
and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices
and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not
definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist
motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional
standing, walking (or “walking across campus,” if
, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching.
Occasional lifting up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:Work is primarily performed in a
standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Work is
typically performed during standard business hours. May require
occasional evening and weekend hours to complete tasks. Occasional
travel may be required.
$23.00 - $26.96 per hour. We consider factors
such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the
position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as
market and organizational considerations when extending an
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are
required to execute a release and authorization for a background
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26947
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In
compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is
committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff
and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in
the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff
on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and
veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy,
gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical