The Office Manager
for the Office of Academic
Engagement and Student Success shall have the primary
responsibilities of providing comprehensive administrative support
to the Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Academic Engagement and
Student Success. The AVP provides oversight of essential
departments, including the Department of Academic and Career
Advising (DACA), the Department of Academic Support Services
(DASS), the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL), and the
Department of Career and Workforce Development (DCWD). The
successful candidate will be responsible for executing various
administrative functions to ensure the smooth operation of these
departments. This position will report directly to the AVP of
Academic Engagement and Student Success.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Provide high-level administrative support to the AVP, including
managing schedules, handling correspondence, and facilitating
communication within and outside the office.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, conferences, and events,
ensuring all logistics are well-organized.
- Assist in the development and management of budgets for the
departments as well as monitor expenses, track financial
transactions, and prepare reports to ensure budget compliance.
- Facilitate the onboarding process for faculty, staff, and
student employees, ensuring a smooth integration into their
- Coordinate orientation sessions and provide necessary resources
to new hires.
- Coordinate and arrange travel logistics for the AVP and other
departmental staff, including flights, accommodations, and
- Manage the AVP's calendar, scheduling appointments, meetings,
and events efficiently. Coordinate with other departments to
schedule collaborative meetings.
- Act as a liaison between the AVP and various internal and
external stakeholders. Collaborate with other administrative staff
to streamline communication and workflow.
- Assist in report writing by gathering relevant data and
information for submission to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with departmental teams to ensure accurate and
timely collection of data for comprehensive reports.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the
- Strong Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability and Moderate
- Requires handling objects of average weight up to fifty (50)
pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job that are identified as essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
- Associate degree plus two (2) years’ experience (or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior administrative experience.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule that may include
working nights and weekends (if applicable)
- Criminal background check.
- Drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue
until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity