The Head Men's and women’s Track and Field Coach
shall have the primary responsibilities of being responsible for
the overall management of FMU’s Men’s and women’s Track Coach
program, establishing and adhering to policies, procedures,
regulations, and guidelines in compliance with the policies,
procedures, regulations, and guidelines of all University, NAIA,
State, and Federal laws. The Head Men’s and women’s Track Coach
will meet the goals of guiding, leading, and continuing the success
of a nationally competitive and elite-level NAIA program with
effective roster management: as well as promoting academic
achievement and character of the student-athlete, fans, and within
the University community. This position will report directly to the
Deputy AD of Compliance and Student Success.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Formulate an effective philosophy to promote the educational
welfare and sportsmanship of the student-athlete in alignment with
the University’s mission.
- Recruit elite-level prospective student-athletes who will excel
within the University framework and make successful progress toward
- Monitor academic progress and the retention of students
affiliated with the Men’s & Women’s Track Coach program,
implementing action plans in collaboration with the Faculty
Athletic Representative and Student Academic Success office.
- Assume responsibility for sportsmanship, conduct, and academic
progress of all students and staff affiliated with the Men’s &
Women’s Track Coach program.
- Plan coaching and practice sessions in accordance with NAIA and
- Manage all operational, fiscal, and administrative activities
for the Men’s & Women’s Track Coach program.
- Promote the athletic program and sport through attending
community events, public speaking, fundraising, revenue generation,
and marketing. Including various South Florida business functions,
industry conventions, business seminars, and meetings as
- Comply with NAIA, conference, and FMU rules, regulations, and
- Participate in institutional professional development and
training. Display behavior consistent
- with professional ethics and FMU's faculty and staff
- Provide administrative efforts, events and programming, game
operations, research, and presentation. This also includes but is
not limited to team communication and hospitality to
- Ability to travel and work some nights and weekends.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional
manner. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative,
resourcefulness, and personal
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent
communication (oral and written),
organizational, and time management skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- A creative self-starter with team player capabilities.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
and Banner financial system.
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or a
negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Lifting is
required (i.e., set-up of scorers’ table, etc.), and some manual
labor is expected. Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual
elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke,
unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- CPR and AED Certified.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to fifty (50)
pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job
that are identified as essential are required to be performed with
or without reasonable
accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential
functions will be given
- A bachelor's degree with 2+ years of coaching experience.
Experience in intercollegiate athletic program administration; or
an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position will require the individual to travel and work
some nights and weekends.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule that may include
working nights and weekends .
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity
- Criminal background check.
- Drug testing.