Coordinates, directs and manages the office of a top university
- Coordinates and manages the daily schedule of the university
executive with internal and external parties, which includes staff,
university administrators, alumni, students, Board of Regents,
government officials and community leaders.
- Maintains appointment/meeting schedule and calendar.
- Makes travel arrangements, screens all in-coming telephone
calls, and sorts and prioritizes mail.
- Drafts routine responses to correspondence as needed.
- Functionally supervises projects in the office of the
- Collects and prepares information for use in discussions and
meetings with executive staff members and outside individuals.
- May supervise secretarial and clerical staff in the
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a
minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Job Posting Information
Department willing to accept education in lieu of experience.
Department willing to accept experience in lieu of education.
Executive Admin. Asst. – VC/VP Advancement
These are considered the addendum duties specific to an EA in the
1. Coordinates and manages the daily schedule of the VP,
Advancement and Alumni, including maintaining appt meeting schedule
2. Prepares draft version of daily meeting notes for review,
sending to development associate and chief of staff for
finalization and sending to VP Advancement and Alumni each
3. Manages meeting setup and takes minutes as required; organizes
consultant visits, travel and itinerary. Works closely with
financial analyst to complete documentation for travel
4. Maintain inventory for Schlumberger office supplies, orders
supplies for both locations, works with finance office to reconcile
5. Maintains tracking documents for VP Golf Cart tours, including
participants, students, keys, inspections, photos of cart and
handouts in partnership with development associate
6. Supports projects for Development Associate, Chief of Staff, and
VP, including providing organizational support for division events,
7. Screens all phone calls, sorts mail, and drafts routine
inquiries to emails.
8. Serves as liaison for the VP Office and works in partnership
with the other administrative staff of the Division of Advancement