Duties and Tasks:
· Prepare, submit, correct federal enrollment reports to NSLDS, with the use of the National Student Clearinghouse, in compliance with established guidelines and deadlines. Participate in compliance audits.
· Manage the creation and maintenance of the master room schedule, providing Registrar support to academic course/section scheduling. Serve as primary personnel with the implementation and maintenance of course scheduling software.
· Oversee all aspects of transfer credit award and articulation related to the Registrar’s Office, in collaboration with other departments.
· Provide leadership and development for the Registrar team. Proactively recommend and adjust to needed changes swiftly, giving appropriate focus to student retention and employee development opportunities.
· Maintain and safeguard the integrity of academic records and requests, daily operations of the organizational unit, and compliance with the University, state, federal laws, policies, and regulations. Communicate and implement updates, changes, and needs related to Registrar systems with the impacted campus community. Serve on several advisory groups or conversations across the university.
· Execute academic term processes, e.g., academic standing, immunization file, drop-for-non-payment, term set-up, grade management, registration preparation, and other technical needs as mandated by general administration, and in conjunction with Registrar and Technical Support Analyst. Produce reports from associated software systems for the Registrar, Associate Provost, and other administrators.
· Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience Requirements: Master’s degree preferred or a Bachelor’s degree from appropriately accredited institution and minimum two (2) years’ experience in a registrar’s, admissions, or academic advising role. Experience in transfer articulation and student information systems, preferably Banner 9.
Management Preference: Master’s degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree from appropriately accredited institution and minimum two (2) years experience in a registrar’s, admissions, or academic advising role. Experience in transfer articulation and student information systems, preferably Banner 9.
Special Instructions to Applicants: This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable). In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice. Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach a copy of their DD-214 as a part of the online application process.
UNC Pembroke is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and national origin. UNC Pembroke is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.