Health and Wellness Services is searching for a Human Resources
Specialist! This role is responsible for serving as a resource to
Health and Wellness (H&W) departments to provide guidance and
assistance with personnel record keeping, onboarding, leave and
payroll processes. This position ensures that H&W Services
provides effective assistance to employees for numerous human
resource issues that may immediately affect them. This role will
often be the first point of contact for H&W employees and
therefore must possess a high level of customer service skills to
ask pertinent questions and make appropriate recommendations on
general HR issues related to University staff, Classified Staff,
Temporary Employees, Retirees and Student employees. This position
advises on general HR issues that arise, including leave, payroll,
time- off, hiring and on-boarding. This position will also serve as
a liaison to central Human Resources Service Center (HRSC) and
partner with other Human Resources centers of excellence to
coordinate a variety of HR support for the department.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Health and Wellness Services (H&WS) is under CU Boulder
Strategic Resources and Support and is committed to the success and
well-being of all our students, as well as the staff and faculty we
serve. H&WS departments include Medical Services, Counseling
and Psychiatric Services, Disability Services, Health Promotion,
Administrative Services, Office of Victims Assistance, Testing
Center, and Faculty and Staff Assistance Program.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Human Resources Services
Customer Service and Training
- Manage addendum requests, ensuring accuracy throughout the
- Ensure new hires/promotions are entered accurately into the
system, and work with HRSC for any corrections needed.
- Liaise with HRSC to ensure all payroll/personnel transactions
are completed accurately and timely for all permanent, student and
- Work in collaboration with the HRSC to maintain and track
timesheet collection and payroll processes, including work with the
HRSC to fix any payroll discrepancies and communicate with the
employee regarding these discrepancies and how they will be
- Work with HRSC and Central HR to process various transactions
as needed (i.e stipends, additional pay, resignations, retirements,
PET’s, supervisor changes, funding changes, name changes, POI’s,
- Pull reports in Cornerstone to ensure that required tasks are
- Maintain personnel files, including CME for clinicians and
- Assist with submitting position descriptions, ensuring accuracy
of information provided.
- Assist with onboarding and exit procedure process.
- Serve as backup to the Human Resources manager.
Leave Specialist Responsibilities
- Train supervisors and employees on HR systems and policies and
- Provide a high level of customer service, ensuring a positive,
- Monitor CU system changes related to HCM, MyLeave and HR
policies and processes.
- Interpret and advise Human Resources policies, procedures,
laws, standards and regulations to answer inquiries and provide
information for general HR inquiries and actions.
- Advise on HR questions such as leave, FMLA/FMLI, OJI, payroll,
time off, administrative leave policies, hiring and onboarding and
refer employee to the appropriate subject matter expert or campus
department when needed.
- Train new employees and supervisors on how to complete
timesheets and standard processes for MyLeave, send regular
reminders and enforce submission timelines.
- Coordinate and process leave audits as needed.
- Work alongside the HRSC to fix leave discrepancies,
communicating with employees regarding discrepancies and how they
will be fixed.
What You Should Know
- Track and provide data on types of request that are submitted
through HWHR email.
- Identify and recommend process improvements based on data and
What We Can Offer
- This position’s anticipated schedule is Monday through Friday,
8am to 5pm.
- This role will operate in a hybrid work modality, with both in
person and remote work expected.
The salary range is $46,100 - $51,850 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be collaborative. Be impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1 year of experience in Human Resources or a related
- Work experience may substitute for a degree on a year for year
What We Would Like You to Have
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Establish and maintain effective and positive working
relationships and ability to work in a team environment.
- General knowledge of accepted human resource principles and
governmental accounting procedures and policies.
- Ability to analyze payroll reports, identify errors, and
investigate potential solutions.
- Prioritize tasks to meet multiple monthly timelines.
- Motivated, proactive, and willing to take initiative.
- A high degree of professionalism and the ability to maintain
- Possess a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience working in Higher Education.
- 2 years of experience with HR transactional support (payroll
support, general HR inquiries).
- Knowledge and understanding of HR policies and procedures in a
- Experience with timekeeping systems (MyLeave
- Experience in a customer service role.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by December 19, 2023
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: