The Mellon College of Science (MCS) is home to four departments and
many programs and research centers that cross disciplines. We
approach scientific problems from fresh angles using creative
interdisciplinary approaches while drawing on our departmental
strengths in the core sciences. MCS faculty members are nationally
and internationally recognized for their research in a variety of
fields, including polymer science, cosmology, mathematical finance
The Department of Physics within the Mellon College of Science is
seeking a one-year part-time Research Associate I
to work in
the laboratory of Dr. Sufei Shi. This position is for one year
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Perform research experiments following protocols and
- Maintaining accurate and detailed research records and
- Oversee general laboratory maintenance.
- Summarize statistical information for analysis and
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within
MCS. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued
competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member
who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of
internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are
looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the
mission of the university through their work.
- Bachelor Degree in a biological field.
- 1 to 2 years of experience working in a laboratory
- Experience with molecular biological methods.
- Some working knowledge of genome browsers.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong oral and written communications skills required.
- Strong problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Ability to pay strict attention to protocol preparation.
- Successful background check
- Fixed Term: This is a fixed term position with an
estimated duration of 1 year
Joining the CMU team opens the door to an array of exceptional
benefits, available to all full-time Carnegie Mellon University
employees. Experience the full spectrum of advantages, from
comprehensive medical, prescription, dental, and vision insurance
to enticing retirement savings programs. Unlock your potential with
tuition benefits, and take well-deserved breaks with generous paid
time off and holidays. Rest easy knowing you are covered by life
and accidental death and disability insurance. For a comprehensive
overview of the benefits awaiting you, explore: https://www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance
At Carnegie Mellon, we value the whole package when extending
offers of employment. Beyond just credentials, we consider the role
& responsibilities, your invaluable work experience, and the
knowledge gained through education and training. We acknowledge and
appreciate your unique key skills and the diverse perspectives you
bring. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive work environment
means we also account for geographic differentials. Your journey
with us is about more than just a job; it’s about finding the
perfect fit for your professional growth and personal
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity?! Apply
Staff – Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Full Time/Part time
- Please visit “ Why Carnegie Mellon ” to learn more about
becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change
- Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity
- Statement of Assurance