Founded in 1764, Brown is a leading institution for education,
discovery, and global intellectual progress as well as one of the
largest employers in Rhode Island. Working at Brown brings more
than just a paycheck and generous benefits; it offers an
opportunity to contribute to a greater good. Join us in supporting
the pursuit of knowledge and individual growth that defines higher
education and enriches our community.
The Event Coordinator will be responsible for providing event,
in-person and virtual, coordination and support for the Advance-CTR
Service and Professional Development Cores. Advance-CTR is funded
by an "Institutional Development Award: A Program Infrastructure
for Clinical and Translational Research (IDeA-CTR)” grant from the
National Institute of General Medical Sciences.
The Event Coordinator will assist in supporting Core educational
and professional development events from initiation to completion,
including but not limited to seminar series, trainings, symposia,
etc. This will include, among other duties, securing venue spaces
and Webinar links, identifying speakers/trainers, maintaining event
registrations, confirming catering and AV support, promoting the
events to the Advance-CTR community, and being the point of contact
and staffing events both in-person and virtual. The Event
Coordinator will work closely with the Project Managers of the
Advance-CTR’s Administrative Core for tracking, evaluation, and
reporting, and to ensure Core educational initiatives are
successful and Advance-CTR community needs are met.
The Event Coordinator also will provide support to the
Communications Director and Project Directors as needed to organize
and publicize Advance-CTR events.
This is a fixed term position with a current end date of
Education and Experience
- Required: Associates Degree with 2-3 years’ administrative
support experience (preferably in an academic environment) or
equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Experience in administrative/research field within a university
environment highly desirable
- Experience with planning, coordinating, and managing events
(preferably in an academic environment)
- Experience organizing and monitoring on multiple projects
- Experience resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel, along with Google
Educational and Criminal Background Check required.
Recruiting Start Date:
- Strong organizational, administrative and time management
- Goal focused with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to foster a
- Ability to multitask, prioritize competing demands,
organize/orchestrate details of several ongoing events
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a member of a
team in an interdisciplinary team-oriented environment.
- Ability to develop new and imaginative approaches to problems
as they arise.
- Ability to be flexible and handle change well
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and
Job Posting Title:
BioMed Clinical Affairs
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any
staff position at Brown University you must submit an application
form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please
include a cover letter and resume with each position
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer
, Brown University provides
equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and
retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age,
national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other
characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is
protected by our University policies.