The Adjunct Faculty of Economics
is a part-time
position hired for a specific assignment and specified academic
term. The Adjunct Faculty of Economics shall have the primary
responsibility of supporting the School of Business by maximizing
its operating performance while achieving institutional goals and
objectives. This, as all faculty positions, shall have daily
contact with students and requires the ability to interact in a
professional, positive, and tactful manner at all times. This
position will report directly to the Dean of the School of
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Offer both introductory and advanced courses directly related
to scheduled instruction, including lecture, laboratory, clinical,
performance and coaching assignments.
- Conduct student assessment activities.
- Develop and utilize a course syllabus for each course,
following established institutional guidelines.
- Be accountable for collaborative and applied research in
various disciplines, including assistance with grant applications
and data analysis on funded grants.
- Perform teaching, scholarship, service, professional
development, and program assessment for accreditation.
- Advise students for both academic and career fields.
- A thorough understanding of technology, learning management
systems, and computer applications is essential (i.e., Blackboard,
Canvas, PowerCampus, Jenzabar, LinkedIn Learning).
- Participate in scholarly activities and academic services
beyond the regular teaching assignment.
- Remain current in course discipline and instructing assigned
courses in a manner consistent with the scheduled time, course
content, and course credit approved by the faculty, administration,
and Board of Trustees.
- Complete all teaching, advisement, and service assignments in a
professional and timely manner.
- Give individual evaluations of student performance including
midterm and final grades.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or deemed
appropriate to the accomplishments of the responsibilities and
functions of the School of Business.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the
- Ability to foster a collaborative academic environment and
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning, scholarship,
service, and professional development.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism,
initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, and LinkedIn Learning.
- Proficient in using data in assessment and decision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration
- A doctorate in economics or a closely related field, with a
minimum of 18 graduate-level credit hours in economics from a
regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum of two years of economics-related field experience
with at least two years of teaching experience.
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience in both online
and in-person modalities.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be
- Experience teaching in higher education.
- Familiarity with the Jenzabar technology suite for higher
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours including
nights and weekends.
- Criminal background check.
- Drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue
until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity