Join our dynamic and innovative team in the Office of the President
as the Senior Executive Assistant and Board Liaison, where you'll
play a crucial role in fostering a dynamic work environment,
delivering exceptional customer service, communicating with the
Board of Trustees, promoting innovation, and impacting our highest
In this key position, you will provide high-level support to the
President, the Board of Trustees, Emeriti Trustees, and past
Trustees. We are actively seeking a high-performing candidate with
exceptional organizational and planning skills, the ability to make
independent decisions, and a highly professional demeanor. Your
role will demand discretion and excellent interpersonal skills, as
you collaborate closely with the Chair of the Board, the President,
the President's spouse, and the entire Office of the President
As a member of our vibrant and dynamic work environment, you'll be
able to contribute to the culture of innovation and excellence.
Your commitment to exceptional customer service will shine as you
cultivate strong working relationships with campus administrators,
internal and external constituents, University leaders, faculty,
staff, and students.
If you're ready to bring your skills and enthusiasm to a workplace
where you can make a tangible impact on our highest priorities, we
invite you to explore this exciting opportunity.
Strategic Support and Coordination
Board Liaison and Communication
- Ensure optimal scheduling and logistics of meetings and events
with internal and external constituents for the President and
Presidential Spouse, including those with the President's Cabinet
and Executive Council.
- Conduct research, prioritize requests, and follow up on issues
addressed to the Office of the President.
- Support the President in external commitments, including
engagement with the Board of Trustees and other committees.
- Oversee various administrative duties including travel
arrangements, supporting agendas, preparatory documents, meeting
logistics, car, flight, and hotel bookings, post-trip follow-up,
expense reports, etc. on behalf of the President.
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and strategic engagement
activities with the Board of Trustees.
- Facilitate communication between the Board of Trustees and the
President and Presidential Spouse.
- Manage Board activities, including meetings, reporting, record
keeping, and event arrangements.
- Manage administrative processes such as purchasing-card
reports, licensing, registrations, subscriptions, etc.
- Prepare correspondence, presentations, and other materials as
part of the Office of the President’s team.
- Assist in the planning and execution of constituent events or
programs hosted by the President and/or Presidential Spouse.
- Attend and assist with Office of the President’s events outside
of normal hours as required
- Manage the division budget and coordinating department
- Manage the Board of Trustees budget, including annual planning
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 8-10 years of progressive experience working with
- High level of proficiency in business writing and calendar
- Proficiency in current software applications (Microsoft Office)
and database management
- A genuine interest in the well-being of college students and
the educational mission of Butler University.
- Must be cognizant of maintaining the appropriate image in all
communication and interaction made on behalf of the Office of the
President and the University. Must have a demeanor by which s/he
simultaneously treats others with respect and commands the respect
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to independently conduct research, collect data, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to think critically and analytically and to solve
problems/make decisions promptly and independently.
- High level of discretion and sound judgment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the
ability to independently compose and edit documents.
- Highly proficient in relevant software applications (Microsoft
Office) and database management.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
inquiries of a sensitive or confidential nature from faculty,
staff, and the general public.
- Willingness to be present on campus Monday to Friday; remote
and/or hybrid work options are not offered.
- Master's or Advanced degree
- Occasional travel to attend meetings and events
Please include a resume and cover letter expressing your interest
in the position and detailing how your skills and experiences align
with the requirements of the job.
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s
Total Rewards website
to learn more about our benefit
offerings, which include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays :
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Health :
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including
disability and life insurance programs
- Retirement :
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time
- Tuition Assistance :
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees,
spouses, and dependent children.
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks :
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for
full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive
university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business,
Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy
& Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000
graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing
46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A
career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the
dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and
staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and
equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications
from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity,
sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status,
sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected
December 04, 2023