Founded in 1971 as the innovative campus of the State University
of New York (SUNY), Empire State University empowers learners from
diverse backgrounds to achieve their educational goals. We have
decades of experience providing educational access through online
teaching and learning, individualized instruction, mentoring, and
prior learning assessment. We build on our students' experiences to
promote their growth and drive upward mobility and economic
development in New York state and beyond. SUNY Empire's 97,000
alumni are teachers, nurses, entrepreneurs, and leaders in their
communities and their fields. Visit www.sunyempire.edu
and follow us on social media @SUNYEmpire.
SUNY Empire is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive
academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status. We believe that having diverse faculty and staff is
critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and
work in an increasingly global world.
Empire State University seeks a full-time bilingual Call Center
Representative (State Title: Staff Assistant) to join our 1Stop
Student Services team at either our Selden, Saratoga Springs, or
Rochester NY locations.
Providing assistance in both English and Spanish, the Bilingual
Call Center Representative serves as the primary point of contact
for students, staff, and faculty with the non-classroom needs
relating to registration, financial aid, billing, and admissions.
Representatives are expected to have strong working knowledge of
functional office policies and procedures; possess the ability to
provide excellent customer service in a high-paced multi-channel
environment; demonstrate skills to effectively identify, analyze
and resolve inquiries received, and work proactively across
university departments to remove administrative barriers to
enrollment and improve university-wide student services.
Duties of the Bilingual Call Center Representative include but
are not limited to:
- Respond to student service inquiries accurately and
professionally by phone, email, online and in-person.
- Deliver a holistic, student-centered customer service
experience related to course enrollment information, academic
records, financial aid, billing and payment, with a continued focus
on student persistence and retention.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of all student record
information and submitted documentation to comply with Federal
Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Use professional judgement to solve problems, provide referrals
to other university offices/partners as needed and as
- Effectively utilize university ERP (Enterprise Resource
Planning) Systems tools.
- Assist in the development of Spanish language virtual student
service tools such as knowledgebase articles and videos; 1Stop
Resources SharePoint, 1Stop Student Services Website as well as
internal training-programs to university offices to support a
bilingual or English as a second language student's overall
- Perform proactive outreach to currently enrolled students
eligible for immunization compliance, possessing incomplete FAFSA's
(Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and de-registration
- Develop and maintain a culture that supports teamwork, student
success and the mission of integrated student services.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Bilingual and biliterate in Spanish and English.
- Two or more years' experience working in a contact/call center
or in a student service department at an institution of higher
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-channel,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to dynamic cross-functional
- Prior knowledge of and experience working with bilingual and
emergent bilingual learners, particularly in providing customer
service in online settings.
- Prior experience working effectively with faculty, staff and
students from diverse linguistic, cultural, and socioeconomic
- Functional knowledge of the Free Application for Federal
Student Aid (FAFSA) and college admission, enrollment,
registration, and billing processes.
- Experience using Banner, Ocelot Chatbot, CRM Recruit and/or CRM
Advise and Mitel Contact Center System Software.
- Experience working with adult higher education students.
- Experience utilizing data to improve job performance and/or
departmental initiatives and goals.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft 365 suite including
SharePoint, Teams, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience creating online support tools and
tutorials to support excellent virtual student/customer
- May involve occasional travel.
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Occasional weekend and evening work.
- SUNY Empire provides employees with robust remote and flexible
work options to meet the needs of students, faculty, and staff in a
dispersed work environment. University locations that may be
considered include Saratoga Springs, Rochester and Selden, NY.
Rank/Salary: SL2 / $48,500.
Empire State University is an EOE employer.
We are pleased to offer our employees an excellent benefit
package which includes; NYS health insurance, free dental and
vision, competitive retirement options, and generous vacation, sick
and holiday accruals; and a strong emphasis on work-life
balance. We also offer professional-development activities
for professionals and support staff.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE
ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH
THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME
STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100,
ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY
WEBSITE AT www.sunyempire.edu/safety-security.
Applications Due By: Applications accepted
until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please
submit the following documents, which are required for
consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
FAQ for using our online system. Please contact
us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Please click here to
login to your Empire State University Employment Account
to check your completed application or to update your account.