CU Boulder Advancement
encourages applications for an
Associate Director, Campaign Planning and Strategy
role reports to the Senior Director for Campaign Planning and
Strategy and sits within the alignment that also includes principal
giving and strategic initiatives, donor relations, data insights,
and the CU System Advancement embedded staff from prospect
research, prospect development, annual giving, and gift planning.
The Associate Director will be responsible for the management and
execution of key functions within campaign planning and operations
to support CU Boulder Advancement’s first comprehensive
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
CU Boulder Advancement
is committed to a culture of joy,
motivated by collaboration, passionate about excellence and driven
by impact. These four values define our culture and drive our
engagement and fundraising success.
At CU Boulder Advancement, we allocate time and resources to
diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Our efforts contribute
directly to our division’s core values and to advancing CU
Boulder’s mission through impactful fundraising and engagement
results. As a team and as individuals, we commit to learning about
and challenging systems, policies, and practices that enable
oppressive ideologies to recur in our community. (Oppressive
ideologies include racism, sexism, ableism, heterosexism, and other
“isms” that cause harm. This list is not exhaustive and may evolve
in our pursuit of collective liberation.) Embracing our
responsibility to lead and model helps promote the culture we
desire while supporting our internal and external constituents.
Accountability for our commitment to DEI is established
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Project Oversight/Task Execution/Tactical Work
Strategy and Execution
- Prepare campaign-related materials and presentations for the
Advancement leadership team for internal and external communication
- Anticipate and recommend campaign related internal
communications to Senior Director, Campaign Planning and Strategy
- Assist in staffing campaign-related committees and teams, as
- Scope, plan and implement multiple, often quick-turnaround
projects as needed.
- Maintain a professional network across peer institutions,
gather and share campaign standard processes.
- Facilitate internal planning meetings; perform, delegate, and
manage all related projects to completion.
- Liaise with retained campaign counsel as needed.
- Develop detailed project schedules, timelines, resource
requirements, and budgets.
- Anticipate issues and proactively develop contingency
Other Engagement Duties as Assigned
- Under the guidance of the Senior Director of Campaign Strategy
and Planning, lead in the planning and execution of initiatives
critical to the success of the comprehensive campaign, such as the
proactive communication and collaboration with Advancement team
members, tracking of campaign progress via key performance
indicators and coordination with key volunteer boards/committees;
work towards exercising autonomy in these areas.
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive campaign plan.
Periodically update the plan and translate the plan into an
actionable 90-day rolling implementation plan and ensure progress
toward goals within the campaign team, across advancement, and with
campaign volunteer groups.
- Develop a master campaign calendar and timeline that
encompasses the Campaign Planning Committee, Campaign Steering
Committee, internal communications, external communications,
pipeline development and report results, trainings, and
campaign-related events – ensuring it is coordinated with existing
program and development calendars.
- Staff and provide strategic consultation to Advancement
leadership team on all campaign-related activities.
- Lead selected program-based special projects that require
cross-functional engagement with key staff across Advancement and
campus partners as appropriate.
- Assist in developing short- and long-term project goals and
objectives on high priority projects related to the campaign.
What You Should Know
- Attend meetings with advancement staff across campus to share
information, discuss standard methodologies and collaboration
- Work with CU system, CU Foundation and CU Boulder Advancement
staff to assist with the effective completion of the campaign
planning and preparation phase.
What We Can Offer
- This position may require local, regional, and out-of-state
travel to engage with university constituents.
- This position has the ability to work a hybrid schedule with
some days on campus and some days remote.
- This position will occasionally be required to work
- The salary range is $75,000 - $85,000 annually.
- Relocation assistance is available for eligible
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be effective. Be strategic. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience may substitute for
the degree on a year for year basis.
- 3 years of professional, job-related experience.
- Ability to establish and enhance interpersonal relationships,
including ability to coordinate and manage volunteers.
- Solid knowledge of fundraising, donor relations, and alumni
relations standard processes.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to
participate in public events and represent Advancement and the
university in a professional manner.
- Solid ability to analyze information/situations and solve
- Ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy, discretion, and
collaboration in working with a diverse range of constituents
including employees, students, volunteers, alumni, donors, and
- Solid ability to organize and manage multiple projects/tasks
simultaneously; must have ability to work independently and
collaboratively and adapt to changing priorities.
- Solid knowledge of current issues facing public universities
and interests of assigned school, students, faculty, and
- Strong attention to detail and to visual appeal of presentation
- Growth mindset, resilience and perseverance.
- Ability to embrace the shared values of the Office of
Software Used: Microsoft Office products, database management and
data manipulation, Salesforce, Zoom, Teams, Trello, LinkedIn,
What We Would Like You to Have
- Experience in higher education and/or in a comprehensive
- Experience in development/fundraising environment.
- Experience in constituent relations/relationship
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by December 18, 2023
, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: