We’re VCU - more than 300,000 strong. A mix of attitudes, styles,
and stories. There’s nowhere like this and no one like us. At VCU,
we exceed through learning, research, creativity, service, and
discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience.
Since its founding in 1937, the VCU Business School has built
strong ties with the Richmond community and beyond. Offering 13
bachelor’s and 19 master’s degrees, as well as three Ph.D.
concentrations and seven certificate programs, we welcome nearly
4,000 students each year.
This isn't business as usual. It's innovation at work. We are
unlike any business school you've ever seen.
Join us. You can be unstoppable here.
The Executive MBA program seeks a highly motivated and qualified
Program Manager. This is a full time position within the VCU
School of Business. With the supervision of the EMBA Director, this
position will help prepare budgets, operations, and activities
related to recruitment, admissions, financial aid, student
services, and student advising for the EMBA program. This position
will serve as the principal liaison for students, faculty, and
other internal & external constituencies on operational
matters. This position will also supervise Graduate Assistants,
Audio Visual aides, and hourly workers.
EMBA program operations
- This role supports a class schedule on Fridays and Saturdays,
to include periodic evening and weekend hours.
- Plans and executes logistics for class sessions to include
rooms, meals, beverages, classroom supplies, and student
- Plans and attends all events and program-related travel as
scheduled including potential international engagements
- Uses university software to complete the operational
requirements of the role
- Supervises hourly workers, Graduate Assistants, and Audio
- Supports the EMBA Director with other projects or duties as
- Uses university-supplied software tools to support expenses,
purchases, contracts, etc. while remaining in compliance with the
Commonwealth of Virginia rules for fiscal matters
- Performs basic budget planning and monthly
Communication and Student Service
- Facilitates communication on behalf of the EMBA department to
students, alumni, faculty, School of Business staff, and external
- Coordinates with Marketing and Communications regarding the
program website and program social media platforms
- Supports student services in recruitment, admissions,
registrations, and grading as needed to meet EMBA program
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an administrative/operational
- Experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive
work environment or the commitment to do so as an employee at
- Availability on Fridays and Saturdays every other weekend
throughout all semesters
- Ability to pay attention to detail and work at a high level of
- Ability to apply basic budget planning and complete monthly
- Ability to plan and schedule events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A college degree/graduate coursework in a business-related
discipline or equivalent work experience with a University
- Administrative or operational experience in a business
- Experience in higher education programs, operations,
recruiting, or admissions
- Experience in using university software tools such as Slate
(CRM), Banner, and Canvas (course overviews, content, and
- Knowledge of university and/or Commonwealth of Virginia fiscal
Priority will be given to candidates who submit their applications
by January 1st, 2024.
Typical Schedule: This role supports a class schedule on Fridays
and Saturdays, to include periodic evening and weekend hours.
Flexible scheduling will allow an average of 40 hours per week per
semi-monthly pay period.This position is eligible for a hybrid
schedule once training is complete and must be coordinated with the
supervisor of this role.
All full-time university staff are eligible for VCU’s robust
benefits package that includes: comprehensive health benefits, paid
annual and holiday leave granted upfront, retirement planning and
savings options, tax-deferred annuity and cash match programs,
generous tuition benefit, employee discounts, well-being resources,
abundant opportunities for career development and advancement and
more. Learn more about VCU’s benefits
The EMBA program is committed to the growth and professional
development of its team members and will provide opportunities to
foster a culture of learning and career development.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity,
affirmative action university providing a ccess to education and
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, age, sex, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, or disability.
$50,000 - 60,000
School of Business, Executive MBA
UF - University Employee FT
Specialist SS (Student Services job