Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU >
Definition of Class
This position identifies, cultivates, and solicits gifts, focusing
on major gift prospects. The development associate will see that
donors receive proper recognition and stewardship. The position is
assigned a school or program and must be knowledgeable of and
articulate about the related giving opportunities. Extensive travel
is required to cultivate and solicit donors.
Examples of Work Performed
- Arranges visits with donors via phone, email and social
- Attends alumni, donor, college, sporting and other events.
- Promptly records interactions with donors in the development
- Sends all biographical updates to the development
- Runs reports to build a trip or share information with a
- Travels overnight and on weekends to meet with prospective
- Ensures all assigned tasks are in compliance with University,
SEC Conference, and NCAA rules.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the
following. Additional essential functions may be identified and
included by the hiring department.
- Cultivates and solicits gifts from assigned donors.
- Identifies possible donors.
- Travels extensively and represents assigned program at various
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or
One (1) year of experience related to the above described
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set
forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
Interview Requirements: Any candidate who is called for an
interview must notify the Department of Equal
Opportunity/Regulatory Compliance in writing of any reasonable
accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources
website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly
rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience,
and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty,
executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any
employment practice, education program, or education activity to
all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable
laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does
not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe
campus community. UM conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include a criminal history record check, and when
appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history