Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU >
Definition of Class
This position manages the business affairs of a large department or
school. The incumbent provides financial and administrative support
services for the business aspects of the facilities operations. The
incumbent exercises discretion and independent judgment.
Examples of Work Performed
- Estimates and forecasts future financial need and supports
programs, grants and contracts, and strategic planning with
financial analytics and data analysis.
- Plans, coordinates, develops, and organizes budgets and data
for the School and for the sponsored programs within the
- Forecasts and tracks financial results throughout the year
against budget projections, providing project summary status
reports to administrators and principle investigators as required
- Prepares estimates to complete (ETC) and spend plans, audits
subcontractor invoices, and provides briefings and related
documentation and reports for financial assessments.
- Helps identify financial or operating risks associated with the
execution of the contract or project.
- Monitors and approves subcontractor/consultant payments and
purchases in line with approved budgets and in compliance with
- Tracks, monitors, and ensures accuracy of all incoming funds,
including fiscal compliance with federal, state and University
policies and procedures.
- Provides advisement on financial matters, such as basic
operational costs, personnel costs, spending policies etc.
- Assists in the process of establishing new positions.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the
following. Additional essential functions may be identified and
included by the hiring department.
- Manages the business and financial affairs of a large
department or school.
- Prepares reports and financial statements.
- Assists with the planning for and preparation of contracts and
- Ensures compliance with University policies and
- Supervises and directs the activities of a support staff.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in
Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a related
Four (4) years of experience related to the above described
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set
forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
Interview Requirements: Any candidate who is called for an
interview must notify the Department of Equal
Opportunity/Regulatory Compliance in writing of any reasonable
accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources
website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly
rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience,
and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty,
executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any
employment practice, education program, or education activity to
all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable
laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does
not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe
campus community. UM conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include a criminal history record check, and when
appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history