This position will be responsible for teaching, research and
service in the discipline of Agricultural Engineering Technology.
Subject emphasis areas could include metal fabrication, electrical
power, hydraulics, agricultural machinery, construction systems and
management, small combustion engines, agricultural safety and
agricultural education and leadership. The ideal candidate will
have experience in college-level teaching and/or ability to teach
precision agriculture and related courses and professional work
Additional responsibilities will include managing the agricultural
mechanics shop; serving on appropriate departmental, college and
university committees; participating in outreach activities related
to agriculture, agricultural engineering technology and
agricultural education; and engaging with industry and community
This is a full-time,
nine-month, tenure-track faculty position responsible for
contributing significantly to Stephen F. Austin State University's
undergraduate and/or graduate programs through teaching,
scholarship/creative accomplishment, and service. Works under
minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of
initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the chair.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs an equivalent of twenty-four teaching load credits
(TLCs) for the combined fall and spring semesters; reduction of
teaching load through reassignment of duties is possible under
- Engages in research/scholarly/creative and service activities
at levels that are appropriate to faculty rank and departmental
- Provides services to the university and the profession.
- Participates in promotion review of lower-ranked faculty
members within the department.
- When tenured, participates in tenure review of candidates for
- May conduct supplemental instructional activities such as
independent studies, internships, advising, and thesis/dissertation
- May receive course load reassignment when assigned
administrative duties in support of the
- May receive course load reassignment when assigned to prepare
course material during the first semester/year when included as
part of initial contract.
- May receive course load reassignment when approved to conduct
research/scholarly/creative accomplishment and service which exceed
- May supervise the work of student and/or graduate
- May serve on departmental, college, and university
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and
abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual
can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
- Extensive knowledge in the field in which the individual will
- Ability to effectively teach undergraduate and/or graduate
- Ability and commitment to conduct research and/or
scholarly/creative accomplishments and service.
- Ability to work within a collaborative faculty
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written
- Ability to work effectively and patiently with students.
Terminal degree in the field in which
the individual will be teaching is required. ABD candidates may be
considered if Ph.D. is earned prior to start date.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
The rank of Assistant
Professor is held by an individual who demonstrates the capability
to produce research/scholarly/creative accomplishments, teach
effectively, and provide service to the academic and general