Academic Dean's Office Support Specialist II (part-time)
Reports To and Evaluated by
Dean of Arts & Sciences
The candidate must have a high school degree or GED, excellent
written communication skills, three or more years of general office
experience, good grammar and spelling skills, and good MS Office
word processing, spreadsheet, and data entry skills, and the
ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, with
little or no supervision.
Must be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of
compassion, fairness, responsibility, tolerance, respect, and
An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Office Management Technology
or related field. Ability to communicate in both English and
Spanish and exercise sound judgment, discretion, initiative.
Ability to work well with others in a multicultural environment and
capacity to demonstrate a creative attitude in addressing sensitive
or confidential matters. Ability to respond to difficult situations
with a courteous and professional manner and perform duties with a
high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Demonstrated
ability to be organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
The Academic Dean’s Office Support Specialist II will assist the
Dean of Arts and Sciences, Dean of Career and Technical Education,
Associate Dean of Instruction, Administrative Assistant, and
Scheduling Assistant by performing general office duties with
little or no supervision. The duties and responsibilities may
change as the need of the College arises.
Specific Job Duties
- To provide customer service to students, faculty, staff or
guests during late afternoon and evening hours.
- To assist the Deans’ Office Administrative Assistant with the
distribution of student surveys for faculty evaluations
- To handle confidential information.
- To assist with the maintaining documents, files, and
- To perform general receptionist duties including answering
telephone, taking messages, screening calls, and scheduling
- Assist with mailing of Adjunct Faculty Response
- Assist with Adjunct Orientation.
- Prepare and maintain Adjunct faculty mailboxes.
- Assist Associate Dean of Instruction, with scheduling Adjunct
Faculty Classroom observations and follow-up appointments.
- Assistant Scheduling Coordinator with payroll, room assignment,
schedule, and other duties.
- To serve as a back-up to the Scheduling Coordinator or
Administrative Assistant when either is absent.
- To serve other College offices such as H.R, the Business
Office, or the Office of Records and Assistant during periods of
- To perform other job related duties as assigned by the Dean of
Arts and Sciences.
To be determined
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this employment opportunity?
- Morton 'careers' website
- Internal posting
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed jobs
- newspaper/trade journal
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae