General Camp Staff -Tahquitz Pines Conference Center
Position Summary Information
Responsible for working with the Tahquitz Pines Management
For more information contact Janet Clark at (951) 659-2934. This is
an on-call, as needed position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist in providing support where needed, which could include
but not limited to: meal preparation for campers, kitchen/dining
room clean-up, maintain camp grounds, and volunteer
2. Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule including
evenings and weekends.
3. Respond to user’s concerns, problems or complaints in a timely
manner, maintaining a customer service philosophy that is
responsive and strives to improve camp safety, security and
4. Report all needed maintenance of buildings, lawns, pool,
landscaping, to Maintenance Department in a timely manner.
5. Assist in the preparation of all housing/conference meeting
rooms for our guest/rental groups.
6. Assist in the proper service and maintenance of all facilities
while campers are present, including refilling of paper supplies to
all restrooms and meeting areas.
7. Assisting in the preparing of meals for all guest/rental
8. Assisting in the serving of meals for all guest/rental
9. Be involved in the cleaning of the entire Food Service area,
including the kitchen, serving area, and the dining hall after each
10. ServSafe California Food Handler certification may be
11. Be involved in the cleaning of all facilities after campers
leave in preparation for upcoming groups.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
Ability to work on an as-needed basis with the possibility of
Ability to lift/unload food and supplies from vehicles to store
Ability to operate and maintain kitchen equipment safely.
Ability to work with, and alongside, volunteer workers.
Ability to work on your feet for long periods of time.
Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
Knowledge of food service management and safety.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with adults, youth, and the general public.
Ability to interpret written menus and meal plans.
Have a Christian faith commitment, and an interest in working in
a Christian camp setting.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); or one to
three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Posting Detail Information
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2