Vice President, Chief of Science and Medical Education Officer
Sutter Health Network | Northern California (Site-Neutral Position)
Headquartered in Sacramento, Sutter Health, a Forbes Best Employer, lives the mission of ensuring healthcare is accessible and inclusive to all by offering comprehensive services and high-quality health programs tailored to the diverse communities we serve. Our nationally recognized, not-for-profit integrated health system — one of the largest in the United States with more than 55,000 employees, operates 24 acute care hospitals and over 200 clinics across Northern California — cares for more than 3.5 million patients in one of the most beautiful and innovative regions in the country.
The Sutter Health Network is committed to health equity, community partnerships, and innovative, high-quality patient care to transform the future of healthcare. We are a supportive organization and are seeking a senior physician executive (MD/DO) to contribute to the expansion and development of ACGME-accredited programs and research services across the Sutter Health Network.
Sutter Health invites nominations and applications for the full-time position of Vice President, Chief of Science and Medical Education Officer to support and amplify the network’s research enterprise and the underlying capabilities required to advance Sutter’s longstanding commitment to GME by positioning Sutter Health as the premier learning and health system in the highly competitive Northern California market.
Serving as the most senior physician executive, this position is focused on addressing the critical physician shortage and health equity needs through overseeing the expansion of ACGME-accredited residency and fellowship programs, and the growth and development of clinical and translational science programs in alignment with clinical service lines and centers of excellence.
Major Accountabilities Include:
- Reporting directly to the President of the Sutter Health Network, the VP, Chief of Science and Medical Education Officer will function as the clinical dyad partner to the Chief Academic Affairs Officer. Clinical leadership for the academic mission of Sutter Health.
- Development and execution of strategic priorities for education and research across the Sutter Health Network. Leadership, management, and faculty development. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion across academic functions.
- Development and maintenance of effective management systems that ensure full compliance with applicable laws and regulatory requirements (NIH, ACGME, USDA, etc.).
- Partnership development with academic, federal, industry and community organizations and agencies.
- Flexible Work Location: This site-neutral position is located within the Sutter Health footprint. You will have the choice of locating to one of Sutter Health’s Community-Based Market locations in Northern California best suited to your lifestyle — from urban to rural: Greater Sacramento, San Francisco, East Bay Area, Silicon Valley, and Central Valley Markets.
- Education: Sutter Health has invested in ACGME-accredited programs and is projected to train more than 18,000 residents over the next 20 years.
- Research: With an annual budget of more than $50M, Sutter creates and conducts innovative research to enhance health and care delivery.
- Access to an integrated delivery system of hospitals, outpatient care and surgery centers, home health and hospice care, laboratory and pharmacy services, research facilities, and Sutter’s Institute for Advancing Health Equity.
- Live and work in the most innovative region in the world: Northern California is the birthplace of pioneers, and Sutter Health is right at home in this cradle of innovation and powerful progress. You’ll be in proximity to NorCal’s world-class destinations like Lake Tahoe, San Francisco/East Bay Area, Sierra Nevada mountains, and the Napa Valley wine country. Northern California offers a climate most people dream of living in. The region is refreshingly open-minded and is renowned for its cultural diversity and array of impeccable dining options, award-winning attractions and entertainment, and outdoor adventures.
- Terminal Degree: M.D. or D.O. degree is required.
- Board certification in a medical specialty is required.
- Membership on professional staff is desired.
- Proven track-record of building ACGME-accredited medical education programs. Experience as a physician-researcher or educator. Prior leadership experience with demonstrated increasing level of responsibility in management, preferably in an academic setting or organization. A Deep Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY:
Confidential inquiries, nominations, expressions of interest and candidate materials (including a letter of interest and CV) should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Application Link: https://www.kbic.com/job/vp-chief-science-and-medical-education-officer-eb-1119750569
Compensation + Benefits:
The compensation range for base salary for this role is $456,872 - $618,134. The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Sutter Health’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans. As the leading employer in Northern California, we look to draw talent and ideas from individuals of different backgrounds and viewpoints.