Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU >
Definition of Class
This position provides administrative support to facilitate
operation of the department. The incumbent is responsible for
coordinating activities of the office, maintaining financial
records, preparing reports, processing necessary forms and
Examples of Work Performed
- Provides administrative support in managing the day-to-day
operations of the department.
- Coordinates the scheduling of facilities and the availability
of equipment, supplies, and/or instructional materials.
- Coordinates the purchase, usage and repair of equipment,
supplies, and materials.
- Processes requisitions, purchase orders, and oversees the
receipt of supplies.
- Prepares various reports and analyses reflecting facility usage
along with appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Processes appropriate travel records and forms according to
- Updates website and social media outlets for the
- Coordinates undergraduate recruitment and Academic Common
- Coordinates work of assigned support staff and student
- Plans and assists student visits to the department.
- Coordinates undergraduate program ABET assessment
- Ensures all assigned tasks follow department, University,
Southeastern Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the
following. Additional essential functions may be identified and
included by the hiring department.
- Prepares and maintains fiscal year documents, current budget
balances, and various reports and forms.
- Manages the daily administrative and operational functions of
Associate’s Degree from an accredited two-year college or
university in Accounting, Business Administration, Management or a
One (1) year of experience related to the above described
Certification: Incumbent must obtain Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
(CPR) training and certification within the first two months of
employment with recertification every two years and complete
contact hours of staff development as defined by the Mississippi
Department of Health, annually. (For Willie Price employees
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set
forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
Interview Requirements: Any candidate who is called for an
interview must notify the Department of Equal
Opportunity/Regulatory Compliance in writing of any reasonable
accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources
website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly
rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience,
and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty,
executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any
employment practice, education program, or education activity to
all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable
laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does
not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe
campus community. UM conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include a criminal history record check, and when
appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history