The Business Division at Southwestern College invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor. The Business Division offers a collegial environment, a robust undergraduate curriculum in a student-centered environment serving a diverse student population, and an on-campus accelerated MBA program.
The Division of Business houses BA, BS, and MBA programs. This position teaches a variety of courses which may include Principles of Financial Accounting, Principles of Managerial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Tax Accounting, Intermediate Accounting I and II; Advanced Accounting; Auditing; Accounting/Financial Information Systems; Not-for-Profit Accounting; and MBA-level Financial and Managerial. Co-curricular duties may include advising students, serving on faculty committees, and other division activities. Specific course and co-curricular assignments depend on credentials and area of expertise.
- Teaching load is 4 courses per semester (12 semester hours) in undergraduate accounting and/or business courses and MBA-level accounting courses
- Courses may include: Principles of Financial Accounting, Principles of Managerial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Tax Accounting, Intermediate Accounting I and II; Advanced Accounting; Auditing; Accounting/Financial Information Systems; Not-for-Profit Accounting; and MBA-level Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Departmental duties include advising students, participating in department and campus-wide committees, collaborating with faculty on Business Division programs; and service to the campus and community.
- Maintain professional currency in the accounting field by participating in scholarly and/or creative activities and professional development to maintain professional certifications
- Masters degree required in accounting/tax or a business related field (If the Masters is in a business-related field, the undergraduate degree must be in accounting.) Applicants nearing completion (within 12 semester hours) of the Masters degree will be considered.
- Professional accounting certification required (C.P.A., C.M.A., C.I.A., C.F.E, etc.)
- Demonstrated potential for teaching excellence
- Demonstrated skill in the use of technology in accounting including computerized accounting software, Excel/ spreadsheet programs, and other office productivity applications
- A minimum of three years of professional accounting experience
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Interest in living in southern scenic Kansas
- Ability to perform the above duties
- Candidates holding a Ph.D. or J.D. with four years of prior teaching experience may apply for the rank of Associate Professor.
- This position offers a competitive salary with opportunities to supplement the salary with summer courses/workshops and distance education. Southwestern College offers an excellent benefit package.
Completed applications must include the following:
- Letter of application addressing interest and qualifications for positions including interest in specific courses mentioned in the responsibilities
- Curriculum Vitae or résumé
- Name, address, email address, and phone number of at least three references who can address the candidate’s qualifications for the positions.
- Transcripts (copies accepted). Official transcripts are required at time of appointment.
Send all materials to:
100 College Street
Winfield, Kansas 67156
First review of completed applications will begin on January 15, 2024. In compliance with the Immigration Control Act of 1986, candidates for positions must provide proof of eligibility to work before an offer of employment can be made final. Southwestern College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity employer.