Information Security Analyst
Missouri Western State University invites candidates experienced in
Information Security to join our Technology Services – Information
Security team. This position conducts vulnerability scans on
Missouri Western State University’s technology assets, manages and
maintains all endpoint protection systems and email security
systems, assists with information security incident response, and
promotes information security awareness to faculty, staff, and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Responsible for configuration, maintenance, and operation of
email security systems and all endpoint protection software.
- Performs vulnerability scanning of university managed
technology assets and provides recommendations for mitigation and
remediation of findings.
- Promotes Information Security awareness and performs training
across campus on current information security topics.
- Provides information security incident response under the
direction of the Information Security Officer.
- Performs risk assessments, audits, and tests to ensure proper
functioning of data processing activities and security
- Supports the Information Security Officer in the formulation of
information security related policies and procedures.
- Assists technology support staff when necessary in both
workload and elevated support.
- Maintains confidentiality, integrity and availability of
University information resources.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively
communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in
a diverse community.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Organized thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of computer-related security systems
including firewall, encryption, and password protection and
- Knowledge of information security issues and trends in higher
education, and ability to continually develop new knowledge
regarding the same.
- Strong diagnostic, problem-solving, and troubleshooting
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as
concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and engage in critical
thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to maintain discretion and a professional
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential job
functions of the position.
- Must have one to three years of experience providing computer
systems support and management with some specialization in computer
security highly preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- General office and indoor conditions.
- Position requires the ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force
on rare occasions.
- Requires the ability to climb, balance, kneel, stoop, and
- Required to use close vision and be able to focus.
- Regularly required to talk and hear; frequently required to
sit, stand, and bend at the knee and waist, and walk.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger
movement to type and work on computer.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on
computer, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
After hours or weekend work may be required occasionally.
Hours of Work
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled