The Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy seeks an
Assistant Director of Academic Services. The Academic Services team
is a key administrative office, responsible for managing the
academic records, registration processes, and student information
systems within the college. Working under the direction of the
Senior Director of Academic & Advising Services, the Assistant
Director collaborates with other Assistant Directors, the Associate
Director, and a team of Academic Advisors to ensure compliance with
academic policies and procedures, maintain accurate student
records, and facilitate the smooth functioning of various academic
processes. This is a key role within the academic and teaching
enterprises of the college, and the assistant director routinely
collaborates with faculty, program directors, the Office of
Business and Research Services, and the office of the Associate
Dean for Diversity, Inclusion, Climate, and Equity.
Our cultural values of dedication, collaboration, inclusion and
integrity are our guiding principles. Therefore, we are in search
of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied
population of internal and external partners at a high level of
integrity, respect, and inclusion.
Originally founded as the School of Urban and Public Affairs in
1968, the Carnegie Mellon University Heinz College is comprised of
the university’s top-ranked schools of Public Policy and
Information Systems and offers an academic experience unlike any
other. Heinz College prepares students with a unique ability to
conduct careful and objective analysis of significant data, to
understand and demonstrate the power of information technology, and
to lead and implement change in managerial and policy
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Student Records Management
- Registration and Enrollment
- Course Scheduling and Management
- Academic Policy Compliance
- Degree Audit and Certification
- Data Reporting and Analysis
- Technology and System Management
- Student Services
- Collaboration with Academic Departments
To be successful in this role, the Assistant Director requires a
diverse set of skills to effectively manage academic records,
registration processes, and student information including:
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Attention to detail in maintaining accurate and confidential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively
interact with students, faculty, and other partners.
- Ability to convey complex academic policies and procedures in a
clear and understandable manner.
- Proficiency in data analysis to generate reports and make
- Ability to interpret and apply academic policies and
- Capacity to identify and resolve issues related to student
records, registration, and academic policies.
- Proactive problem-solving to address challenges and improve
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups, including
faculty, staff, students, and administrators.
- Diplomacy and tact in handling critical or contentious
Customer Service Orientation:
- Familiarity with student information systems and other relevant
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and use them to streamline
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service to
students and other team members.
- Patience and insight in addressing student concerns and
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in academic policies,
procedures, and technology.
- Ability to handle unexpected challenges and changes in a
dynamic educational environment.
- Efficiently manage time to meet target date and handle peak
periods such as registration and grading periods.
- A combination of education and relevant experience from which
comparable knowledge is demonstrated may be considered.
At least 3 years of experience in academic services, academic
affairs, a college or university registrar’s office, or other
- Successful Background check
Are you interested in this opportunity?! Apply today!
Academic Program Administration
Staff – Regular
Full Time/Part time
- Please visit “ Why Carnegie Mellon ” to learn more about
becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change
- Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity
- Statement of Assurance