CANDIDATES ELIGIBLE TO APPLY:
Open to all
On-site (work in-person at
ANTICIPATED HIRING RANGE:
$3,692 - $4,000
However, offer amount will be commensurate with candidate's
experience, education, skills, and training.
CSU CLASSIFICATION SALARY RANGE:
CSUB offers a best-in-class benefit
package for eligible employees that includes an array of medical
plans, choice of dental plans, vision coverage, retirement
participation in CalPERS, CSU tuition waiver, up to 24 vacation
days per year, sick leave with unlimited accrual, 14 paid holidays
per year and more! See our benefits
for additional information.
The Administrative Support
Coordinator I, independently under general supervision of the Dean
of the School of Business and Public Administration, and with daily
lead direction from the Department Chairs, performs the full range
of clerical and administrative support functions for the
department. Duties include providing administrative support for
academic faculty and staff, general department administrative
support, and budget support. The Coordinator also serves as the
first point of contact for the department monitoring and responding
to inquires as necessary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Academic Administrative Support
General Department Administrative
- Proficiently address and resolve student and faculty needs
using appropriate judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Create faculty and lecturer office hours spreadsheet each
- Assist assessment coordinator in scheduling meetings,
distributing materials, ordering lunch, etc.
- Enter, monitor, and update department courses in PeopleSoft and
track enrollments each semester.
- Set appointments and meetings for department chairs and program
- Assist in the preparation of course materials, exams, and
department reports as requested.
- Complete Faculty Hire Information worksheets each semester.
Ensure proper supporting documentation has been received when
completing faculty hiring paperwork.
- Assist students with general questions and direct them to
appropriate individuals within the University/School to get more
complex questions answered as needed.
- Assist students with locating and completing forms such as
Add/Drop Request Form, Petition for Exception, Petition for Course
by Individual Study, Request for Incomplete Grade, Change of Grade
- Upload faculty syllabi to Taskstream.
- Assist other BPA Administrative Support Coordinators with
updating the full- and part-time faculty orientation/training
binder to familiarize new and continuing faculty with various
processes, procedures, and policies at the Campus and department
- Assist with new faculty hires including coordinating
ads/placement services, maintaining an applicant database,
assisting with campus visit itineraries and communications, and
travel arrangements and associated reimbursements.
- Coordinate, organize, and plan special annual department
events, open to campus and the greater Bakersfield community.
Department Budget Support
- Serve as the first point of contact for faculty, students,
vendors, public community members, administrative staff, and
student assistants for the department.
- Screen visitors to the office and make independent judgements
about appropriate referrals when questions fall outside of the
scope of knowledge.
- Organize and distribute incoming mail, emails, and telephone
calls as necessary.
- Respond to all correspondence in a timely, professional, and
- Keep inventory of department computing devices and printers.
Track device locations for campus compliance.
- Record and transcribe accurate and timely meeting minutes for
Marketing & Management department meetings and assigned BPA
- Schedule meetings and events using 25Live.
- Keep inventory of office supplies while ensuring products are
ordered in a timely manner.
- Work with Public Affairs & Communications Specialist to
update department website and report applicable changes.
- Complete travel forms such as Travel Authorization Request
Form, Faculty Development Form, and Travel Claims for faculty.
- Complete Business Meal Approval Authorizations.
- Process Print Shop/Reprographics orders, ITS work orders for
computer/telephone, and Facilities work orders.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE –
- Track department fund budgets and reconcile regularly following
established policies and procedures.
- Complete and submit for approval Direct Pay reimbursement
- Track and update department faculty professional development
funds and travel funds provided by the Dean's Office.
- Track and maintain budget spreadsheet for all department
supplies & services expenses.
- Reconcile monthly procurement credit card (ProCard) in the
common financial system (CFS).
- Meet all relative budget deadlines.
High school diploma
or GED and four (4) years of recent (within seven years)
administrative support experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES (SKA's) –
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Experience to be fully functional in all technical aspects of
- Thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university
infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a
broader range of technology, systems, and packages.
- Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities
- Ability to interpret and apply independently a wide variety of
policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not
- Working knowledge of budget principles, policies, and
- Ability to perform standard business math, such as calculating
ratios and percentages, tracking financial data, and making simple
- Ability to draft and compose correspondence and standard
- Ability to effectively handle a broader range of interpersonal
contacts, including those at a higher organizational level and
those sensitive in nature.
- Demonstrated customer service experience requiring a very high
level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to effectively handle a broad
range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations with
diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts
- Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and
teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work
atmosphere in the University with the ability to establish and
maintain effective working relationships within a diverse
population and with those from various cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively
communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both
verbally and in writing.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the
ability to set priorities and to coordinate multiple assignments
with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills and competence with a variety of
computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets,
databases, on-line systems, Internet as well as online calendaring
- Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn University
- Experience with PeopleSoft.
- Experience with desktop publishing.
- Prior budget experience.
- Current knowledge of CSU and CSUB policies, procedures, and
- Demonstrated skills in an institutional/educational environment
possessing a customer-oriented and service-centered attitude.
SEDENTARY WORK – involves mainly
sitting; minimal walking and standing; lifting light weight objects
limited to 15 pounds.
Only those applicants possessing
experience most directly related to the immediate needs of the
office will be invited to appear before a Qualifications Appraisal
Board for the purpose of appraising training, experience, and
interest in the position.
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES UNION:
shall be the policy of the CSU in filling vacant CSUEU bargaining
Units 2, 5, 7 & 9 positions to fill such vacancies from among
qualified individuals currently employed on-campus except when it
is determined that it is necessary to appoint outside applicants to
meet campus workforce diversity goals or to provide specialized
skills and abilities that are not available from current
Satisfactory completion of a
background check (including a criminal records check) is required
for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment,
which may be rescinded if the background check reveals
disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the
candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to
satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the
continued employment of a current CSU employee who was
conditionally offered the position.
Sensitive positions are
designated by the CSU as requiring heightened scrutiny of
individuals holding the position, based on potential for harm to
children, concerns for the safety and security of the people,
animals, or property, or heightened risk of financial loss to the
CSU or individuals in the university community.
It is the policy of
California State University, Bakersfield to hire only United States
citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United
States. All new employees will be required to present documentation
verifying their right to accept employment. You will also be
requested to present a social security card at the time of initial
appointment in compliance with state payroll regulations. State
regulations require that every state employee sign the Oath of
Allegiance prior to commencing the duties of his/her State
employment, except legally employed non-citizens. These individuals
are required to sign the Declaration of Permission to Work.
California State University,
Bakersfield is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity.
Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age,
color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic
information, marital status, disability or covered veteran