OPS Registered Nurse
The Registered Nurse provides direct patient care. They perform
nursing procedures and provide appropriate health education, as
well as support holistic health promotion and disease
Typical duties include but not limited to:
- Directs patient/student care to include but not limited to:
obtaining relevant health and medical history; performing physical
exams based on age and history; identifying health risk factors;
and inputting information into electronic health records.
- Provides appropriate health education and supports health
promotion and disease prevention to include: administering initial
treatment for emergency cases; screening for immunizations; and
coordinating care of students.
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures and handles
multiple priorities. Makes decisions under stress and in emergency
situations and collaborates with other members of the health care
team demonstrating knowledge of specific conditions, diseases, and
treatment therapies. Assumes clinic and operational related duties
- Acts as a resource for students and others for health related
topics and issues.
- Provides care that safeguards students' dignity, respects their
cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values.
- Maintains a safe and effective working environment to include
remaining current and informed regarding OSHA and other regulatory
agencies policies and/or statutes that impact the working
environment and/or the population served.
- Monitors care, services and suggests ways to provide continuous
quality improvement in the delivery of care. Works collaboratively
with other departments in Counseling and Health Services. Supports
the department and university mission.
- Must adhere to and comply with HIPAA.
Additional Job Description
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Two years of relevant full-time experience in Registered
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Florida in
accordance with Chapter 464, Florida Statutes, or eligible to
practice nursing in accordance with Section 210, Florida
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience,
and/or certifications may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Registered
- Experience with accreditation reports.
- Experience in various clinical backgrounds and health
To apply, visit https://fgcu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/eaglejobs/job/Main-Campus/OPS-Registered-Nurse_R0004402?workerSubType=7606cd1535ba016f9151c43d68012214&workerSubType=7606cd1535ba01e56580c43d68012414&workerSubType=7606cd1535ba014f6fabc43d68012614
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, statutes,
regulations, codes, and standards related to the area of
- Knowledge of and ability to use electronic health records.
- Knowledge and awareness of the assessment process.
- Knowledge of applicable safety requirements.
- Knowledge of current health topics.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse
group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a
- Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and
learn new applications and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with the community and be
sensitive to multicultural issues.
- Ability to provide care and services to all constituents with
dignity and respect in a non-judgmental manner.
- Ability to diffuse and respond professionally to stressful
situations and difficult people.
- Ability to respond quickly to emergencies.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and
- Ability to think critically and make clear, well-reasoned and
timely decisions. Ability to provide care that safeguards students'
dignity, respects their cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity
of its student body and workforce and actively promotes an
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.