KCOM - Assistant Professor, OMM (0.5 FTE), Clinician (0.5
Kirksville, MO 63501, USAKirksville, MO 63501, USA
A.T. Still University's Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
(ATSU-KCOM) is seeking an Assistant Professor of OMM (.5FTE) and
OMM Clinician (.5FTE). Assistant Professor: for academic
assignments in the department, the position will report to the
chairperson. For administrative and academic duties beyond the
department, the position will report to the associate dean for
medical education (directly) and the dean (indirectly). The
Assistant Professor is responsible for teaching courses and course
prep work in the department of OMM as well as other duties as
assigned by the chairperson, associate dean, or dean. The Clinician
is responsible for providing core faculty support to the OMM
Residency Program and providing comprehensive family medicine
medical services with emphasis in osteopathic manipulative medicine
for members of the northeast Missouri community.
Assistant Professor Major Job Duties
OMM Clinician Major Job Duties
- Assist in clinical presentation development; this includes
integration of case and clinical presentation formats in the
current curriculum and development of cases for evolving
- Assist in the identification of assessment issues and in the
response and resolution to those issues as they effect KCOM
students and faculty.
- Assist in the revisions, development and presentation of
policies affecting KCOM students and faculty (i.e. learning
disabilities policy, Promotion Board changes, etc.).
- Interview KCOM applicants, serve on committees and other duties
assigned by the chairperson, associate dean or dean.
- Develop learning objectives, lecture materials and test
questions associated with coursework related to existing curricular
aspects of internal medicine.
- Submit annual Faculty Activity Report or portfolio.
Assistant Professor Requirements
- Provide supervision and assessment of residents in the OMM
- Provide and manage direct patient care, including physical
examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for
a specified patient population.
- Train and supervise medical students assigned to the
- Participate in GMEC, subcommittees, task forces, and special
and/or internal review committees as requested.
- Work with other OMM faculty to ensure a positive learning
- Participate in recruitment and selection of resident
- Facilitate residents' participation in the educational and
- Direct and coordinate the patient care activities of nursing
and support staff as required.
OMM Clinician Qualifications
- Must be able to develop, deliver and assess curriculum content
for medical students.
- Must work well within a larger organization.
- Must work well without direct supervision.
- Must accept responsibility but know when to ask for help or
- Should be personable and work well with others.
- Must be flexible and able to work on many types of
Assistant Professor Education/Experience
- Board Certified osteopathic manipulative medicine
- The preferred candidate will be a well-trained OMM
- Federal DEA Certification; Medical Specialty License or
Certification; Board certified or Board Eligible in Specified Area
of Medical Specialty.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care
aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control
- Knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care
services in area of medical expertise.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the
delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in area of
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to supervise, advise, and train clinical professionals
and/or students in area of expertise.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or
- Ability to work in environment with considerable exposure to
unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes,
smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Able to do moderate physical activity: requires handling of
average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Able to work in environment involving exposure to potentially
dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive
safety precautions and may include the use of protective
- 3-5 years experience.
- Teaching experience in higher education setting.
- Medical education experience would be extremely helpful.
- Experience working with physicians and coordinating
Required Problem Solving Ability
- Integration of cases between basic science and clinical courses
must coordinate with curricula of both areas.
- Assessment procedures will affect accreditation.
- Correlation of courses affect the entire curriculum.
Doctorate or better in Osteopathic Medicine, DO.
3-5 years: Teaching experience in a higher
education setting; medical education experience would be extremely
helpful; experience working with physicians and coordinating
3-5 years: The preferred candidate will be a
well-trained OMM physician. Federal DEA Certification; Medical
Specialty License or Certification; Board certified or Board
Eligible in Specified Area of Medical Specialty.
Licenses & Certifications
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ATS1000ATSU/JobBoard/3cecd56d-0475-4bd9-8534-c2eb468057dd/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=cb1c8143-09fb-44b5-a654-022ca479b89e