Responsible for campus public safety services as directed on
High school diploma or GED required plus a minimum of one year of
police officer or security experience, preferably in an educational
environment. The following may be substituted for one year of
- An Associate of Arts degree in Criminal Justice or a related
- Two years of active military service with an Honorable
Discharge; or three years of full-time employment as a paid
firefighter, in good standing.
Valid driver's license required and a good driving record: A clean
driving record (4 points or less). No major violations within past
(5) five years. No more than (1) one serious violation within past
(3) three years. No more than (2) two moving violations over the
past (3) three years.
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Demonstrated written and interpersonal communication skills
- Applicant must embrace the philosophy of providing quality
service to the students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Possession of a valid Maryland driver's license with a
responsible driving record is required.
- Ability to obtain certification for first aid and CPR
- Demonstrated sound judgment and sufficient dexterity and
agility to assist others during possible emergencies;
- Knowledge of radio communication procedures is preferred
- Fire safety and HAZMAT training preferred.
- Patrol by foot, vehicle, or bicycle, buildings, and grounds in
accordance with patrol policies.
- Check for and report violations of traffic, fire, and safety
regulations as well as all conditions that could result in loss or
injury to CCBC constituents and /or loss/damage to college
- Conduct preliminary investigations of all crime incidents and
accidents reported or observed.
- Escort unauthorized persons from college property. Notify local
law enforcement and emergency agencies when assistance is required
- Direct traffic and enforce parking regulations on campus
property and direct pedestrian traffic at crosswalks during special
- Respond to hazardous material spills and provide initial
- Administer first aid and arrange for evacuation and/or
transportation of sick or injured persons.
- Respond to all fire and entry alarms and handle as
- Respond and handle appropriately all calls for service.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Assistant Director,
Sergeant, or Corporal Department of Public Safety.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are
not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as
Position Specific Essential Duties
Location : Essex, Dundalk, Catonsville
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC
employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you
open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows
employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw
tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth
403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors:
TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part
Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for
retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may
contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b)
post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined
for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA
Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization
form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public
Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time
employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time
employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty,
part-time associates and other part-time employees.